CISSP - percentage of questions

RinatmRinatm Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello guys and gals,

First of all, this is my first post here, so I am Rinat - nice to meet you all.

In the CISSP exam - is it 25 questions for each domain? is it random?

I am about to take the exam later this month - and I am terrified icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks
Rinat

Comments

• RinatmRinatm Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    OK - just saw the presentation - and found out the answer :))

cheers
  • drakhan2002drakhan2002 Member Posts: 111
    What presentation?
    It's not the moments of pleasure, it's the hours of pursuit...
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    There are percentages. The largest percentage for any domain is network and telecom (35%). It won't matter that much because by the time you're half way through the exam percentages will be the last thing on your mind. icon_wink.gif

Good luck. If you're prepared well you'll be fine. Since we're on the topic, what have you done to prepare?

Keatron.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I think people use the percentage weight of each exam domain to determine how much time to spend studying for that domain. Based on my experience with CompTIA exams, the domain percentage is not an accurate indicator of necessary study time. Just learn it all, people! icon_wink.gif
    jdmurray wrote:
    I think people use the percentage weight of each exam domain to determine how much time to spend studying for that domain. Based on my experience with CompTIA exams, the domain percentage is not an accurate indicator of necessary study time. Just learn it all, people! icon_wink.gif

Amen!! Even though Network and Telecom is supposed to be 35%, you still might spend 70% of your TIME trying to answer cryptography questions!!!!!
    Hi Guys,

First of all thanks for your replies.

I have been spending the last month+ or so just reading, nothing else!
    The main book of course is the All In One. Also bought 3 other books (The CISSP prep guide - mastering the 10 domains, CISSP passport and another Q&A book which is a waste of money I think)

Also doing online quizes, and with one of the books I got you get free access for online quizes - which also analize self progress etc)

I still have 3 weeks left, and to be honest, I don't think it is enough icon_sad.gif
    If I still won't feel ready in 2 weeks, I will probably postponed the exam... I don't wanna fail!
  • silentc1015silentc1015 Member Posts: 128
    I'd like to recommend the CBT Nuggets CISSP Training videos. They're very very good. I've studied the Sybex CISSP book extensively and the CBT Nuggets training videos are much more thorough. I've learned a lot of new material.

I'm also studying for the CISSP right now, and I should be taking it in 4 to 6 weeks.
  • pr3d4t0rpr3d4t0r Member Posts: 173
    I'd like to recommend the CBT Nuggets CISSP Training videos. They're very very good. I've studied the Sybex CISSP book extensively and the CBT Nuggets training videos are much more thorough. I've learned a lot of new material.

I'm also studying for the CISSP right now, and I should be taking it in 4 to 6 weeks.

I'm studying sybex book too, i'm in cryptography now, i' ve noticed that lots of thing in network domain already knew from ccna, that helped me a lot.

CISSP is very hard exam, and needs lot of study,after i finish sybex book i will also view the cbt cissp nuggets :)
    Just got the results..

I PASSED!!!
    :)
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratulations!!! Great work! :Dicon_thumright.gifbowing.gif
  • drakhan2002drakhan2002 Member Posts: 111
    Rinatm wrote:
    Just got the results..
    I PASSED!!!
    :)

Congrats! Welcome to the club! :D
    It's not the moments of pleasure, it's the hours of pursuit...
    Thanks guys, I am SO happy with the results.. and a bit icon_eek.gif as well
  • lopezcolopezco Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Rinatm wrote:
    Thanks guys, I am SO happy with the results.. and a bit icon_eek.gif as well
    Congratulations!
    Enjoy! is well deserved!
    DAL
    "If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees." — Kahlil Gibran