2 weeks to CCNP Route Exam...

pujan96pujan96 Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
edited January 2019 in CCNP
Hi all, 

Just wanted to know how others went about there final 2 weeks prep for the ccnp route exam.

Ive been through the OCG cert guides with various videos and loads of labbing.

Im currently going through the **** Butts route bootcamp, studying a routing protocol a day with labbing after.

In the final week i will use the boson practise exam to find out if im ready for the exam or if I need to postpone.

Was hoping if people could crtique my mplan and share there experiences.

Thanks

[X] CCNA R&S

[X] CCNP Route 300-101
[  ] CCNP Switch 300-115
[  ] CCNP T-Shoot 300-135

[  ]  NPDESI 300-550

[  ] CCIE R&S Written
[  ] CCIE R&S LAB

Comments

• Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have not taken a CCNP level exam yet but I like to take the practice tests a little earlier. One great thing about practice tests is they make you think about how the content is going to be asked as a question. By taking them a few weeks earlier you can use that knowledge in your final study plan.

Everyone is a little different. I don't personally like to study the day before an exam. I usually keep that day open for relaxing. I figure after two months of study if I don't know it yet i'm probably not gonna learn it the night before.

Other people like to do a quick review of everything just so the topics are fresh in their head.

Good Luck!
  • matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds like a good plan. Route isn't an easy exam, try your hardest but remember you can take it again and again until you pass. Don't stress out over it!

Good luck!!
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • pujan96pujan96 Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited January 2019
    Thanks for the info guys, Ill probably postpone it by a week and start doing practise tests a week earlier
    [X] CCNA R&S

[X] CCNP Route 300-101
    [  ] CCNP Switch 300-115

[  ]  NPDESI 300-550

[  ] CCIE R&S Written
    [  ] CCIE R&S LAB
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I recommend reading the official exam topics and see if your study materials cover all the topics.  If they don’t, then spend time researching and studying those topics not covered by your study materials.
  • twolefteyestwolefteyes Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Any update?
    Certifications:
    [x]A+
    [x]Net+
    [x]Sec+
    [x]Linux+
    [x]CCNP R/S
    [?] Whats next?
    aahh sorry for the silence guys, due to me getting the oppurtunity to travel to HQ i had to postpone it, due to not studying for 3 weeks ive rebooked for wnd of march, going through eberything again and labbing hard :)
    [X] CCNA R&S

[X] CCNP Route 300-101
    [  ] CCNP Switch 300-115

[  ]  NPDESI 300-550

[  ] CCIE R&S Written
    [  ] CCIE R&S LAB
  • Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
    how did it go Pujan ?
    how did it go Pujan ?
    Hey Mr Robot 🤖, looks like instead of end of april I wrote end of March 🙉 May the 2 nd to be exact, so not even April, lol, Just going through the material the second time before hitting the topics Im still lost on.... e.g. frame relay, will not be changing the exam date now on may the 2nd, been studying on and off for 18 months so pass or fail, I gottatm atleast see what Cisco expects of you, 

Many thanks for chasing up, will update on may the 2nd
    [X] CCNA R&S

[X] CCNP Route 300-101
    [  ] CCNP Switch 300-115

[  ]  NPDESI 300-550

[  ] CCIE R&S Written
    [  ] CCIE R&S LAB
  • Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck Pujan let us know how it goes i always have nerves before an exam and yeah you are right may at least take it to see what is on it, but u will pass anyways :D
  • twolefteyestwolefteyes Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck Pujan! I know seeing what's on the exam and what I was weak in helped me a lot. 
    Certifications:
    [x]A+
    [x]Net+
    [x]Sec+
    [x]Linux+
    [x]CCNP R/S
    [?] Whats next?