Looking for certs that can be studied with audio

ElGato127ElGato127 Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have recently gotten into the habit of prepping for two certs at a time.
--One that requires me to watch videos and lab
--Another where I can prepare by listening to audio lectures (less hands-on, less visual)

ITIL seems like a good candidate for the audio category, also CASP and CISSP.
Would anybody else have any suggestions for exams where I could listen to audio prep materials while commuting or at the gym?

Comments

• ElGato127ElGato127 Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can anybody recommend any good security lectures?
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    There are many cybersecurity podcasts that contain lost of great security information. Even the ones with video only really need audio. Search the TE community for the term podcasts to find them.
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I often listen to video without watching it. I have not found much that is made specifically for audio.

I'm not sure the best way to get that content onto a phone or other media device I usually do it at my computer.
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    edited April 2019
    ElGato127 said:
    ITIL seems like a good candidate for the audio category, also CASP and CISSP.
    ITIL would be a good candidate or something basic like CompTIA IT fundamentals. 

For CISSP/CASP you could listen to an audio lecture but will need to supplement with other study resources obviously. 

Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    CISSP, try the Kelly Handerhand videos (download to MP3). They are excellent.

Also, check out Amazon for audiobooks (I know there is a CISSP one available). I think they use Audible, which if you haven't used it yet can have a 2 week free trial, I believe. 

A lot of security podcasts available out there. You can also use YouTube and just run that and listen to it over Bluetooth while driving. 

It's a GREAT way to supplement your studying while on your commute. Even if you're not paying 100% attention, you're going to pick things up. After listening for a while, it'll all be review. I found the audio part of it extremely helpful for the CISSP. 
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    edited April 2019
    You can find podcasts using podcast apps like iTunes and Stitcher.
  • Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    PC509 said:
    CISSP, try the Kelly Handerhand videos (download to MP3). They are excellent.

Also, check out Amazon for audiobooks (I know there is a CISSP one available). I think they use Audible, which if you haven't used it yet can have a 2 week free trial, I believe. 

A lot of security podcasts available out there. You can also use YouTube and just run that and listen to it over Bluetooth while driving. 

It's a GREAT way to supplement your studying while on your commute. Even if you're not paying 100% attention, you're going to pick things up. After listening for a while, it'll all be review. I found the audio part of it extremely helpful for the CISSP. 
    Do you have any security podcasts that you'd recommend? I've recently gotten into listening to them on my commute and at the gym, so I've already powered through my backlog of episodes!
    Community Manager at Infosec!
    Who we are | What we do
  • gluesniffmonkeygluesniffmonkey Registered Users Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SANS Live courses normally give you access to the audio after completion. You normally get the audio along with a copy of the audio along with updated version of course when you certify.

The device drivers appeared to have been programmed by glue sniffing monkeys.
  • DaissyDaissy Member Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for some nice tips here. For iTunes audios, here I want to share a tip with you. If you want to listen to iTunes podcasts offline on the go, then you can go for DRmare iTunes Converter for Mac or Windows. And then you can save the iTunes audios on your computer for using on other devices.
  • balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You could try  any of the Udemy courses .... just let the video play and go about your business...