CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ Beta Exam (CL0-002) available starting today (4-29-19)

xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
Details about the exam, including a link to register on the Pearson VUE site, are included here:

https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/cloud-essentials#overview

As with previous beta exams from CompTIA, this one costs $50.
A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CCNA, ITIL 2011 Foundation, AWS CCP, ISC2 CC, MS SC-900, MS AZ-900
2024 goals: AZ-900, Cloud+, Palo Alto PCNSA, CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, Project+

Comments

• NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Look looks like the old exam was only $119.00 for the voucher
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    @NetworkingStudent...that is correct.  It was also ITIL heavy, so make sure you have an understanding of ITIL before taking the exam.  As a word of warning, some of their questions that touched on ITIL practices didn't exactly line up with the way that Axelos views the world.  In a lot of questions where I couldn't figure out what they wanted I picked the complete opposite answer.  As I missed two or three questions on the exam, that strategy worked pretty well for me.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • cochi78cochi78 Member Posts: 72 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wait. The old one was ITIL heavy or the new one is?
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Maybe if I was near a test center..  I didnt look but is there any remote proctor possibility for this exam?
    @cochi78 The old one is quite ITIL heavy, but with a cloud slant.

The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    FYI: This beta exam is for the CompTIA Cloud Essentials certification and not the CompTIA Cloud+ certification. I am occasionally seeing this exam referred to as Cloud Essentials+ (CL0-002) on CompTIA's site. There is no CompTIA Cloud Essentals+ cert that I can find.
  • xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JDMurray said:
    FYI: This beta exam is for the CompTIA Cloud Essentials certification and not the CompTIA Cloud+ certification. I am occasionally seeing this exam referred to as Cloud Essentials+ (CL0-002) on CompTIA's site. There is no CompTIA Cloud Essentals+ cert that I can find.
    Yeah, the "+" in Cloud Essentials+ may just be a typo made by CompTIA, since it's in some places on their site and not others. I figured maybe they were changing the name of the certification, but it's hard to tell at this point. If it is a typo, my apologies for perpetuating the error in this post's subject!
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CCNA, ITIL 2011 Foundation, AWS CCP, ISC2 CC, MS SC-900, MS AZ-900
    2024 goals: AZ-900, Cloud+, Palo Alto PCNSA, CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, Project+
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    JDMurray said:
    Going by the CompTIA site, this is aimed at non IT professionals and those looking for an introduction to Cloud technologies, terminology, etc.. May be a bit too basic for many here that are more technical. 
    The exam in Pearson Vue's portal shows the +.  CompTIA is moving everything to the + designation, with CASP becoming CASP+ and IT Fundamentals becoming IT Fundamentals+.

• xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I received confirmation from CompTIA this morning that the + is not a typo. I had emailed them a couple of days ago asking about it; here's their response:

"The updated Cloud Essentials exam will include the + that was not included in the earlier exam version."

I didn't ask about the other exams mentioned, since I emailed them before stryder144's post was made, but I think it's clear at this point that that's how CompTIA's exams will be named in their next iterations.

Thanks for the input, everybody!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I wonder if CompTIA's marketing department thinks that its "non-plussed" certs are suffering from a lack of brand recognition. Why else stick a "+" on certs that had none before?
    @JDMurray ...I see what you did there...non-plussed.  Made my crappy day less crappy!

• H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Got this in my email today, for anyone interested.

This month only, CompTIA is offering FREE VOUCHERS for qualified candidates who are able to take the Cloud Essentials+ Beta exam within the next few weeks! 

Eligibility requirements are:

1)You have at least 6-12 months of business analysis experience in an IT cloud environment or are a student with equivalent education and experience.
    2)You  mustbe willing and eligible to register for, and take, the exam no later than July 5, 2019. 
    3)You must be able and willing to take the exam in English.

This is a GREAT opportunity to get more involved with CompTIA, and potentially obtain the Cloud Essentials+ certification for FREE!!  We can only provide vouchers to candidates who exactly match our target candidate, so please share this information with your fellow students and co-workers.  We only have a limited number of vouchers available, so please contact us right away if you are interested!

Email the Director of Product Management directly at: kludwig@comptia.org with a link to your LinkedIn profile (if you have one), and/or 1-2 sentences stating why you are qualified. She will quickly verify your eligibility, send you a voucher code and the exam objectives so you can register for free! 
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I sat the test today morning. Most of questions is quite poor with mixed concepts. I can just hope they will be changed before go live
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• wcroetzwcroetz Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    trojin said:
    I sat the test today morning. Most of questions is quite poor with mixed concepts. I can just hope they will be changed before go live
    Hi trojin, I received the voucher to write the CL1-002 exam but not sure what study material I could use? Could I use CL0-001 material? or what did you use to study for it?
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wcroetz said:
    trojin said:
    Hi trojin, I received the voucher to write the CL1-002 exam but not sure what study material I could use? Could I use CL0-001 material? or what did you use to study for it?
    I did not study at all. It's just "essential" 
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• dkorzhevindkorzhevin Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□

Greetings!  Due to the overwhelming response, we are no longer taking applications for the free Cloud Essentials+ beta vouchers.  I have received well over 1,000 requests, so I apologize that I will not be able to respond to everyone individually.

People who have already applied will hear from me no later than the end of this week if they will be receiving a free voucher. 

If you do not receive a voucher, it means either you were not a close enough fit for the target profile, or your request came after the vouchers were all spoken for.  You are still welcome to take the beta at the reduced fee of $50 by registering at www.pearsonvue/comptia, which is still a fantastic discount for this certification!

Good luck to everyone - the new exam is super exciting so whether you end up with a free voucher, or go for it at the beta price, I would strongly recommend trying for the exam!  We will let everyone know in early November if they have passed the exam/ earned the certification.

Thanks!!!

Kristin

• dkorzhevindkorzhevin Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I will leave here list of materials I've used to prepare to beta exam:

Books:

1. Sybex - Cloud Essentials - Exam CLO-001

Videos:
    1. LinuxAcademy - CompTIA Cloud Essentials Certification

2. CBT Nuggets - CompTIA Cloud Essentials (CLO-001) by Anthony Sequeira

3. ITU Learning (IT University) - CompTIA Cloud Essentials Training

4. Udemy - Cloud Computing - CompTIA Cloud Essentials Certification

5. TrainSignal CompTIA Cloud Essentials

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Got a last minute voucher on Tuesday for this test and just took it. Seems very straightforward hitting hard on definition of concepts. Cost savings is also a topic that is prevalent. Had a few questions that I had no idea what they were asking. Results expected in November.
  • owieczka_maowieczka_ma Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As I have checked PersonVue CompTIA's exam history page - I got: "PASS" for CL01-002 Cloud Essentials+ Beta exam. No update in CompTIA's certificate tracking portal yet - I guess it would be done in a day or two ...
  • owieczka_maowieczka_ma Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As I have checked PersonVue CompTIA's exam history page - I got: "PASS" for CL01-002 Cloud Essentials+ Beta exam. No update in CompTIA's certificate tracking portal yet - I guess it would be done in a day or two ...
    I received an e-mail from: *.digitalbadges.comptia.org to start claiming my Cloud Essentials+ certification badge. I re-checked CompTIA's certification tracking portal - just in case - and new certification was added here. Everything looks OK.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    edited November 2019
    Mine also says PASS on Pearson's site. Still waiting for something more official.