VMware recert requirement removed for VCP

EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
edited February 2019 in VMware
https://blogs.vmware.com/education/2019/02/04/vmware-certification-recertification-is-changing-and-what-it-means-to-you/

Summary: "So, effective immediately, the mandatory recertification requirement will be removed from all current certifications."

Comments

• srocky26srocky26 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So a mandatory recertification has been removed, but I'm assuming if you decide to recerify or update your cert you'll be required to take the VMware training no matter how long it's been since you were certified.
  • Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hopefully this means holders can get more time value from their certs.

This change is the next step after certification renaming last year, removing product version from cert names.
    https://blogs.vmware.com/education/2018/08/22/we-are-changing-the-way-we-name-vmware-certifications-the-year-makes-it-clear/
  • sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    srocky26 said:
    So a mandatory recertification has been removed, but I'm assuming if you decide to recerify or update your cert you'll be required to take the VMware training no matter how long it's been since you were certified.
    I assume, like it always was, that would depend on how far behind you are from the certification you try to achieve. 
    For example, for valid VCP-DCV6 certificate holders there won't be any requirement to take the VMware training but just a recommendation to take one. 
    However, this might be not applicable for VCP-DCV5.X and older. 
    Removing recertification requirement definitely takes off a lot of pressure of being scared of losing certificate status validity in 2 years.
    Best, sacredboy!
  • KonfliktKonflikt Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    indeed. my VCP6 expired certification on acclaim changed to "active" again:)
    for 2013: [x] 3x VCA, [x] VCAP5-DCA, [-] VCAP-DCD - failed. PASSED in 2014
    for 2014: [x] BACP, [x] SCP, [x] 70-409, [x] VCAP-DCD
    for 2015: [x] VCP6-DCV,
    for 2016: [x] upgrade VCAPs to VCIX6-DCV, [x] CCNA [-]
    2019: NEW job, back to again to the datacenter area:)
    My Virtual blog: vthing.wordpress.com