Passed CySA+ (it was a hard one to do)

mrTeflonmrTeflon Registered Users Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
edited May 2019 in CySA+
This might be useful for those of you preping currently for the exam.

Prep time: 6 weeks

Prep material in order of approach:
- Udemy Jason Dion - CompTIA CySA+ (CS0-001): Complete Course and Practice Exam
- CompTIA CSA+ Study Guide: Exam CS0-001 
- Udemy Nathan House - The Complete Nmap Ethical Hacking Course : Network Security
- Udemy Ziyad Yehia - Linux Mastery: Master the Linux Command Line in 11.5 Hours
- CVSS 2 tutorial from.first.org/cvss/v2/guide
- GoCertify question bank
- CompTIA CySA+ Practice Tests: Exam CS0-001 (Sybex book by Mike Chapple)

On exam:
- 68 questions
- 4 simulation
- All of them where completely different from the questions that I've done in material above but thus prepared me to answers new variations.

Now what's my background:
Not much professional security experience apart from cyber security MSc degree and compTIA Security+ cert (yes, this was useful in passing CySA+). Apart from this more than 20 years engineering experience in IT.

Comments

• mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    Congratulations! You mentioned that the Security+ was useful in passing the CySA+. I'm curious to know: In what ways did you find value in that?
    Community Manager at Infosec!
    Who we are | What we do
  • mrTeflonmrTeflon Registered Users Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! You mentioned that the Security+ was useful in passing the CySA+. I'm curious to know: In what ways did you find value in that?
    It build up on knowledge learned during perp for Security+, it was easier to do Sec+>CySA+. But this is from my point of view of someone without much commercial security experience.
  • Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    mrTeflon said:
    It build up on knowledge learned during perp for Security+, it was easier to do Sec+>CySA+. But this is from my point of view of someone without much commercial security experience.
    Interesting! I'll be finally getting my Sec+ later this year, so I'll have to keep that in mind if I'm looking to continue on with CompTIA. Thanks for your viewpoint!
    Community Manager at Infosec!
    Who we are | What we do
  • Thoth_DhwtyThoth_Dhwty Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□

Congrats!
     I also considering taking this as my other certs expire next year in June. A bit worried not having much IT experience but I hope my interest in IT will help me get through.
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"