Options

Failed the CEH 9 today

ruttrowgruttrowg Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have no ideal what form they gave me but a 74% is a fail.

Passed 93 out of 125.

At the end of the exam it first says CONGRATULATIONS YOU FINISHED THE TEST
and in smaller print it says fail. Talk about a 1 second rush then disappointment.

I respect you all that passed this bear. Feeling left out.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,029 Admin
    Sorry to hear that. What topics on the exam do you think were your worst?
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You sure it was v9 or v10?  They changed versions so fast that you never know what they put on their exams...then you don't know the cut line, its a pass or fail...Can't believe they still have accreditation...IMO. 
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    ruttrowgruttrowg Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I studied for a month and took the week long course. I did see half dozen questions I did not know so perhaps they put the v10 in there. I will not retake it,  instead I will pursue another certification.
  • Options
    mritorto2mritorto2 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    do they still version 9 out there. when you register for the class can't you tell what exam you are getting. My employer maybe sending me to training for this class so I am currous as to how the exam registration process is. 
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mritorto2 said:
    do they still version 9 out there. when you register for the class can't you tell what exam you are getting. My employer maybe sending me to training for this class so I am currous as to how the exam registration process is. 

Does this mean you can be tested on material you didn't have access to when taking the course? Assuming your course material is version 9 and the test is version 10.  
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    ruttrowg said:

At the end of the exam it first says CONGRATULATIONS YOU FINISHED THE TEST
    and in smaller print it says fail. Talk about a 1 second rush then disappointment.

Wow, talk about a design fail. I'd be pissed as well. 
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux