Failed ISSAP - 2/2/2019 *Update* PASSED 3/4/2019!!!

H-bombH-bomb Member Posts: 129 ■■■□□□□□□□
edited March 2019 in CISSP
Good morning folks,

I took the ISSAP on 2/2/19 and failed. I haven't received my official score from ISC2 yet. I used the Official ISC2 ISSAP CBK to study for the exam for roughly one month. I felt super confident going into the exam but quickly had my @$# handed to me. There were so many topics in the test that were never covered in the 2015 ISSAP book. I was completely crushed and felt duped.

Honestly, I don't know what I could've done differently to prepare. I have the CISSP, CCSP, CAP, SSCP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, etc. so I felt good about taking it after one month of study. I was WRONG!

At this point I don't know if I want to attempt the exam again. However, I just purchased the Ross Anderson Security Engineering book just in case.

Comments

• QuisUtDeusQuisUtDeus Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Courage, colleague! Stay determined and the beast will succumb. ;)
  • H-bombH-bomb Member Posts: 129 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Courage, colleague! Stay determined and the beast will succumb. ;)
    Much appreciated. The Ross Anderson book will be here today. Gonna give it another go!

I figured since I have the advantage of knowing the topics to expect, I have a better chance next go around.
  • QuisUtDeusQuisUtDeus Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    NP! I think, based on my CISSP and ISSAP experience, one of the keys is not to overthink the answer.
  • H-bombH-bomb Member Posts: 129 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Passed ISSAP today 3/4/2019 after failing a month ago!

I didn't find the CBK or the Ross Anderson book very helpful. It was a really weird exam. If I didn't know the topics expect from the first attempt, I probably wouldn't have passed.
  • suntosunto Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can you give us some idea of the curveballs you were thrown? Not looking for explicit questions or anything, but what came out of left field for you? I have a similar spaghetti of certs, and if after all of them the ISSAP was foreign, that would be concerning.
  • FSF150FSF150 Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! 
    First we drink the coffee. Then we do the things. :neutral:
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner