Options

passed OS linear Exams but ?

GoodhopeGoodhope Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
passing score 469
I got 509 and I am not very satisfy.I'm still have problem in OS and I would like to knows if it better to do the OS linear exams again or to find a job directly and get some experience. I already done A+Hard... and I'm now a A+Certified who don't knows do a RAID.Someone at the vue centre (i'm from Mauritius Island) counsel me to do directly CCNA and MCSA . Can you give me some more counsel? icon_twisted.gif

Comments

• Options
    cb6000cb6000 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You still passed. Way to go.

I'll have to take the exam tomorrow. I didn't get a chance to come here yesterday because the site was down, so that was pretty disappointing. What parts of the exam gave you the most problems?

As for your question.....I don't know.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Lemon_09, Congrats!

Put A+ behind you and start building on what you already know. Doing IT is a process of constant growth. You try to stay current, but you never are.

To understand OS operation you have to work with the OS. Get your experience wherever you can get it! Even do it free(yuk!)if you have to just so that you can get started.

If you're going for MCSA, go ahead and get the COMPtia Network+ cert. A+ and Network+ together count as an elective on the MCSA cert. Besides, if you have A+, you probably already have 60% of study for Network+ complete. Also, if you're going for MCSA or CCNA you're going to be dealing with networks. Net+ is a good intro to networking, besides being a desirable certification by itself.

Best of luck on your decision.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    Congratz on the pass.
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman
  • Options
    LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Congrats on the pass,

And Janmike is right just touch up on the things you think you didn't do so well with, and get started on that Net+. Its a good building block on the trip to get your MCSA.
  • Options
    rcsnydleyrcsnydley Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Time to move forward. I go for my OS this Sat.. I hope I can join you then as A+ certified.
    Your biggest thing now is to decide on your cert path. I think network+ is definitely the next step.
    Go for it.
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    janmike wrote:
    Lemon_09, Congrats!

Doing IT is a process of constant growth. You try to stay current, but you never are.

How true icon_cry.gif But the whole challenge here is that you never give up. Just Do IT. icon_wink.gif

Congrats on the pass Lemon_99, and as everybody says, a pass is a pass; and that's true. The passing mark is not only that part of the maze u gotta reach in order to pass, it’s also that part of the maze that tells everybody "This guy has the knowledge required to become [put cert name here] certified".

Experience, however, comes with time. And remember, unless a person slam dunks the 1000 points, he's missed some points. But that doesn't mean his knowledge is not good enough.

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    GoodhopeGoodhope Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all help and I decided that next step should be N+