Options

CISSP certificate

dudisoftdudisoft Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

A little background about me I have been working in the field of IT for more than 11 years and in the past 6 at information security in the role of CISO and senior information security engineer.
I would like to do the CISSP's precious certification in order to jump my career stage
I have a lot of knowledge and background in information security and I want to start the process for the certification exam, but there is a lot of information on the Internet and lots of recommendations.

I would be happy if someone could give me precise guidance on which books to purchase and what material to cover in order to succeed in the test at the best possible time

Thanks in advance David

Comments

• Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Sybex 8th Edition, Boson practice exams, Cybary videos. Those three with your experience will be perfect. 

There are other guides (Sunflower study guide) available for a quick review before the exam. You can find those via Google. Check out the \r\cissp subreddit for more suggestions, join some Facebook groups (Thor Pederson teaches CISSP group is great). A lot of people with different backgrounds share what they used for their study materials. I used quite a few, but the three above were my main focus and they worked. The others were either too dry, too simple, or were just too much in the weeds. 

Good luck! 
  • Options
    hi PC509, Thanks for your recommendation I also read the success story here of Abhinav Viswambharan which recommend about 3 books and pass the exam after 7.5 I am wondering if his way is more quick and easy ?!  by the way I already finished the CISSP course at Cybrary videos with kelly handerhan Which was efficient and interesting.
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    PC509 said:
    Sybex 8th Edition, Boson practice exams, Cybary videos. Those three with your experience will be perfect. 

Yep, that's a winning formula and should be enough to pass. You just have to understand and retain the material. Doesn't matter if you read 1 or 5 books.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    agree :) I would be happy to receive additional feedbacks and recommendations thanks to everyone