CCNP Switch Study Time???

pujan96pujan96 Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey All,

Just looking to guage a timeframe for the CCNP Switch studies before booking the exam.

I hear the average timeframe is 2 to 3 months.

Im looking to do a couple of hours of studying on a weekday and 3 to 4 on a weekend day.

I know everybody is different but my work entails alot of L2 work, and ill be using the cisco press  book, CCNP command guide, a real lab and buying the INE video series, plus I have the INE workbook and rack rentals.

Thanks
[X] CCNA R&S

[X] CCNP Route 300-101
[  ] CCNP Switch 300-115
[  ] CCNP T-Shoot 300-135

[  ]  NPDESI 300-550

[  ] CCIE R&S Written
[  ] CCIE R&S LAB

Comments

• twolefteyestwolefteyes Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think its totally doable in 2-3 months if you are averaging 4 hours a day. 
    Certifications:
    [x]A+
    [x]Net+
    [x]Sec+
    [x]Linux+
    [x]CCNP R/S
    [?] Whats next?
  • AndrewiAndrewi Registered Users Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just started my CCNP study and I think should take from 6 to 8 months for SWITCH.
    I'm the most complete human being in the world!
  • clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cisco estimates the time needed is 250-350 hours for someone with 3-5 years of experience.  So, at 15 hours per week, 20 weeks puts you closer to 5 months than 3 months.

experience can be very helpful in shortening the study time.  and, as a helpful hint that everyone will tell you, I thought with my experience I didn't need to study certain topics in depth and those topics were where I scored the worse.  So, study and lab every topic, even the ones that you think you know.  Prove to yourself that you know the topic well before the exam proves that you don't know it well enough to pass.  when labbing the topics, it won't take long to verify your knowledge level.  Some you won't need to study so much, some you will need to study longer.  But, it is better to find out with your lab and not on the exam.
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Around 80 hours spread over 2-3 years.  I have a bad habit of starting, stopping and then resuming studying for certs.