Networking problem

PPP123PPP123 Member Posts: 25 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi

A random networking problem I am encountering-

Recently my wifi seem to be a bit off, especially on my phone and little problematic with my Laptop.

The TV's seems to unaffected.

When I scanned my LAN on a Network Analyser I appear to have two routers, one addressed 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.10, they both have different MAC Addresses. They are both the same brand of routers but have different MAC Addresses.

Has someone set up a rouge router?

Comments

• Neil86Neil86 Member Posts: 182 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How did you determine the brand of these routers? Did you look up the OUI of the MAC? What happens when you navigate to the addresses using a browser? I'm assuming the .1 address takes you to the router login page. Can you log into the router and look at the DHCP client table? Maybe it will give you a better idea of what the device is, or, you can check that your home devices are in the table and kick that one off? Have you gone to your devices and checked the addresses of them all?
  • MossyOakMossyOak Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    PPP123 said:
    Hi

A random networking problem I am encountering-

Recently my wifi seem to be a bit off, especially on my phone and little problematic with my Laptop.

The TV's seems to unaffected.

When I scanned my LAN on a Network Analyser I appear to have two routers, one addressed 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.10, they both have different MAC Addresses. They are both the same brand of routers but have different MAC Addresses.

Has someone set up a rouge router?
    No. Your router has two bands. 2.4 & 5GHZ. Each have their own IP address and MAC address.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Are you talking about a Wireless Access Point (WAP) connected to your LAN that is acting as a router or an actual hardwired router? Is your scan being performed from a host connected to your wired or wireless LAN?