Options

Has anyone used PHP IPAM?

matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey Guys,
My company is looking to move our IPAM solution from SolarWinds to PHP IPAM. Has anyone used it? Any feedback would be great!

Thanks!
Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hey Matt333  - The networking team (including I) had a project to deploy a PHP IPAM solution (like 6 years ago). Overall to our needs as a Managed Service Provider it was lacking. It's been a while since I remember that project, but the work was tedious for importing IP addressing information from spreadsheets. In this case, we had a co-op student do it. There was another feature regarding VRFs that it didn't support which turned to be a downside to the software. Again, it has been a long time and I assume some of the features have been added in recently. Your mileage may vary but if you have a pretty basic network then I think you're not going to have any issue with it.

On a side note, the other alternative that we were looking at was BlueCat Networks IPAM solution. This was the ideal way to go but our management opted to use PHP IPAM. Let me know if you have any other questions.