Need Help!! Delayed NACI process after accepting an overseas offer, I need a Job

nomadic_flavorsnomadic_flavors Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, I have accepted a job in Kuwait but it is taking longer than I expected. The position requires an naci clearance and the recruiter isn't giving me any processing time to I can program my life.

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I would look for another position. <if it was me>
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I'd take a look at contract work while you're waiting. 30-90 day 1099 contracts. Can usually find them on Indeed and other sites.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Start looking for a "Temp" job for the time being. It took them 9 months to fully cleared me for Secret Clearance. I already had BI done from another agency at that time. That was in 2008. My understanding is that there will be some lag in the clearance process since it went from OPM to DOD again.  
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.
  • nomadic_flavorsnomadic_flavors Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you guys I appreciate your thoughts, can you please share some websites for work in gulf region? I speak few languages fluently including Arabic. Any job that doesn't require waiting a long time will do.
    Thank you.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    google or try indeed.com...
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You technically don't have that job until you have a clearance (12mo average wait) then medical, then wait for a slot to open.

Just continue job searching normally.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

a3g said:
    Did a recruiter or OPM tell you 12 month's??
    Based on my own experience, plus talking with other cleared co-workers. 
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• nomadic_flavorsnomadic_flavors Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mikey88 said:
    a3g said:
    Did a recruiter or OPM tell you 12 month's??
    Based on my own experience, plus talking with other cleared co-workers. 
    That is so long
  • Mike RMike R Member Posts: 148 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It depends largely on how much and where you travel. Last I heard as of 3 weeks ago TS was around 3-4 months. SCI adds time to that but it wasn't 12 mo unless you have extensive travel or lived in a bunch of different places. Indeed is a good place to look for contract work, also Dice.
    Mike R said:
    It depends largely on how much and where you travel. Last I heard as of 3 weeks ago TS was around 3-4 months. SCI adds time to that but it wasn't 12 mo unless you have extensive travel or lived in a bunch of different places. Indeed is a good place to look for contract work, also Dice.
    False, unless you are active military or on some priority list. Contractors are bottom of the barrel. 

• COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    @ Mikey88 " Contractors are bottom of the barrel" so true.
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.
  • EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The OP referenced a NACI clearance in the subject line. Since those don't involve classified, the process should be much faster than the referenced TS or SCI times.

I am a bit surprised that a government agency would be sending someone overseas without any sort of clearance for classified access though.