Options

How's the Overseas Market for cleared professionals?

D1renegadeD1renegade Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm hoping to gain a security clearance soon and I'm curious about any potential opportunities overseas, specifically in networking.  Does anybody here have experience working with DoD contracts abroad?  
I see Vectrus is pretty popular here, but most of the jobs I've seen with them require being in the war zone.  I would rather work somewhere that's a little more family friendly.   

Comments

• Options
    kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Clearancejobs and clearedjobs are the places where you want to look.
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • Options
    nomadic_flavorsnomadic_flavors Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah but those website won't even let u register if you don't have clearance already. Is there any sites where u can apply specifically for overseas positions? I have linguistics and engineering skills .
  • Options
    kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    edited May 2019
    Not true because they have no way to check your clearance. I personally would never provide PII to a website in order to search for or apply a position. 

In order to keep your integrity intact, your best bet would be to find some of the headhunters (recruiters) who fill entry-level positions and can provide an initial clearance for you.

There's always Vectrus.
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'm hoping to gain a security clearance soon and I'm curious about any potential opportunities overseas, specifically in networking.  
    How soon are we talking here? Best bet is to search on indeed using keywords like "oconus"
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux