Struggling To Pass 901

shaunburton85shaunburton85 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've taken my 901 exam twice but to no avail. I am looking for a different way of studying for this exam so I can finally pass it. I know a lot of people claim the following:

CrucualExams.com
Professor Meyers Videos
ExamCompass.com

I've used these before in the pass but obviously these weren't enough. I've brought the book by Mike Meyers and read it from cover to cover. It was a lot of great information. I was even considering going through each chapter, taking notes regarding to the exam and studying it to the point that I know backwards and forwards. I think the issue I am encountering by just studying practice exams is that I am only learn how to answer THOSE special questions. The exam will ask the same question but in a different way and even try to trick you. By taking notes and studying, it is probably take me a lot longer then I would.

Am I missing a proper way of studying over the exams or any other tips to study?

Thanks,
Shaun 

Comments

• isforcedisforced Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I know what you mean. I have practiced on those exams and when I go in to take the exam the questions are different every time it's never the same no matter how much you study it is either you know the answer or you dont. It is difficult exam with different scenario based questions
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Did you go over your exam printout to see what your weak areas are? For A+, I always recommend flashcards, quizlet for example. 

It's one of those exams where you just have to memorize certain things. No may around it.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• joanythomasjoanythomas Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I’m in the same boat, can’t even get a desktop to work on, and troubleshooting is my weak spot. So I’m now I’m just putting in work learning the info. Cause with 901 and 902 you got to know how to fix stuff. 
  • drdre21drdre21 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi when i did my A+ i had same problem.I used apps with pratice qustions.This one was best

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.learnzapp.aplustwo
  • drdre21drdre21 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Aslo compita apps where ok just so can get used to way they ask the qusstions