Options

How hard is CEH exam

mritorto2mritorto2 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
My employer maybe sending me for CEH training  with global knowledge.
I already have my CISSP and Security + certifications.

How easy is the CEH exam?

How many months should I study to place the exam?

Comments

• Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You have the CISSP and Sec+, so you have a lot of the basics down. You will need to check out some tools (nmap, etc.), learn the basics of rules of engagement, statement of work, etc.. It wasn't that difficult for me at all, but I had the Sec+ and was comfortable with the tools already. I studied for a month or so and it wasn't that bad. However, I do think they've changed it somewhat recently, so things may have changed quite a bit. I still think with your current certs, you already have a good head start and a month of good studying will be sufficient. 
  • Options
    mritorto2mritorto2 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i hear they have a practical exam and regular exam. now
  • Options
    MrNetTekMrNetTek Member Posts: 100 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited July 2019
    Everyone is different on how they study, how much they already know, and how quickly they retain new material. There is no one size fits all.

Download the objectives from EC-Council, obtain a good book, watch some good course videos, and build a lab (emphasis on the lab).

Depending on your own intelligence and capability, 1-3 months is usually more than enough....though I have seen people take up to 6 months in their studies. 

Good luck!