Options

What After 70-270 Passed ?

pradeep_jagtappradeep_jagtap Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all

I have passsed MCP 70-270 Exam withgreat achiving 921/1000 Score.
Thanks for All of u. Can u sugess what to do after MCP?.
My planning is to appear for the CompTIA Network + Exam N001-003 What your suggession ...

Thanks
icon_confused.gif:
pradeep

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Personally, my suggestion would always be as follows if you want to get into Windows Administration:

A+
    Network+
    Security+
    Server+
    70-270
    70-290
    70-291 - MCSA
    70-293
    70-294
    70-298
    70-284 - MCSE + MCSA: Messaging

I say 70-284 after all the other exams because Exchange ties into a lot of Active Directory stuff, PKI/Certificates, Clustering, and more that are taught in the exams after 70-291. To have the "best" understanding of what you are doing, it is best to do exchange last.

Also, you don't necessarily have to do 70-284 for your elective. Lots of Windows-based organizations have Exchange, and as an Administrator, it will help you out knowing a bit about a companies messaging infrastructure.

I also recommend the other exams such as Security+ and Server+ because they give fundamental knowledge. Security+ will teach you aspects of security you need to know in the business. The same goes for Server+. Comptia has always been a good certification to get that fundamental knowledge that will help prepare you for future real-world experience or certifications.

Good luck and congrats on the pass!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    pradeep_jagtappradeep_jagtap Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi icroyal
    Thanks A lot for ur replay & suggession i follow ur instruction as a MCSE who guide me

Thanks very Much once .
    pradeep
  • Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Congrats on the pass. I would try to knock out 290, then 291.

Following what icroyal said, a few CompTIA exams after that would give you your MCSA. You could also go for your MCDST, which after 270, should be fairly easy.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi all

I have passsed MCP 70-270 Exam withgreat achiving 921/1000 Score.
    Thanks for All of u. Can u sugess what to do after MCP?.
    My planning is to appear for the CompTIA Network + Exam N001-003 What your suggession ...

Thanks
    icon_confused.gif:

first of congrats! Having also recently passed the 270 exam (886), I was wondering the same thing. Im leaning towards net +. I figured this would prepare me somewhat for 281, kinda as a refresher. Either way I still want net +

congrats again on such a good score! :D
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I'd say it's all about what you want to do from here. Network+ definitely isn't a bad exam to go on to, especially to help you prepare for some of the heavy-hitting topics in the later Microsoft exams. If you're looking to get your MCSA or MCSE, I'd say follow the next succession of tests as laid out by Microsoft:

Core Exams:
    70-290
    70-291
    70-293
    70-294

Design Exam:
    70-297 or 70-298

And then an elective. Security+ counts towards both MCSA and MCSE, but the A+/Network+ combo only counts towards MCSA. And, of course, you can always take other Microsoft exams as electives.

If you're not sure you want to go down the Microsoft route, keep in mind there are other certification paths as well. There's the CCNA and the other Cisco certs if you're into the network administration end of things, there's LPIC if you're interested in Linux or Unix, as well as a whole slew of other vendors, such as Red Hat, Sun, Novell, etc. . . You really just have to figure out what you enjoy doing, and what you can get most out of.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote:
    I'd say it's all about what you want to do from here. Network+ definitely isn't a bad exam to go on to, especially to help you prepare for some of the heavy-hitting topics in the later Microsoft exams. If you're looking to get your MCSA or MCSE, I'd say follow the next succession of tests as laid out by Microsoft:

Core Exams:
    70-290
    70-291
    70-293
    70-294

Design Exam:
    70-297 or 70-298

And then an elective. Security+ counts towards both MCSA and MCSE, but the A+/Network+ combo only counts towards MCSA. And, of course, you can always take other Microsoft exams as electives.

If you're not sure you want to go down the Microsoft route, keep in mind there are other certification paths as well. There's the CCNA and the other Cisco certs if you're into the network administration end of things, there's LPIC if you're interested in Linux or Unix, as well as a whole slew of other vendors, such as Red Hat, Sun, Novell, etc. . . You really just have to figure out what you enjoy doing, and what you can get most out of.

sec + is one that I also have been wanting to take for years. My schedule is somewhat restrictive because I am getting married halfway through the year, so I my options are limited. Net + is really the only one I can take this year. I could get 290 in by the end of the year, but we will see. as far as the electives go, I will take whatever pertains to the MCSE. Although my short term goal is MCSA, MY overall goal is to be an MCSE so I will try and take the best path for that in the end.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    If you're interested in the Security+, and you're not particularly interested in the electives offered by Microsoft for MCSA or MCSE, then you can use Security+ as your elective. That way, you'd only have to take the four core exams and one of the two design exams, and you'd have your MCSE. For MCSA, you'd only have to take the first two core exams, (70-290 and 70-291,) if you used Security+ as the elective.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.