Passed SSCP

dinkz210dinkz210 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed the SSCP exam March 7th 2019. It was a beast at 125 questions. I used the Daryl Gibson All in one book plus the exam practice test offered by ucertify. All in all it wasnt to bad of a test. I feel it was almost the same as Sec+ minus the length. I get fidgety at around 50 questions... not the type of guy that likes to sit still really long. Took about 50 mintues for me. I studied for about three weeks using the materials mentioned. Caveat though, I retired from military recently and since about last June I decided to change career fields from medical and enter the IT field specifically Cybersecurity. Since last June I have earned: A+, Network+, Sec+, ITIL V3 Foundations, and two CIW certs. Some of them were for the WGU curriculum which I recently started as well. Alot of these certifications overlap which is why I didnt need to study as much. I figured since I'm on a roll might as well schedule the CASP next(29March) scheduled... let's see how that goes. Hopefully I stay on a roll. Getting all these certs to try and make up for the lack of experience in the field. Right now working in an entry level Network Monitoring Cell... so slowly aqcuiring the experience. If anyone knows of any entry Cybersecurity jobs in the San Antonio, TX area please let me know. Thanks.

Test had a good mix of questions but the book I read covered it well. Cant really recall anything on the test that wasnt mentioned in the book. 

Tagged:

Comments

• mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congratulations! and good luck on the CASP
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! 

I earned SSCP a few months ago, and my experience with it was similar.  I thought it was a little more challenging that Sec+, and some different concepts were introduced, but I think both exams complement one another. 

And I do the same thing after about 50 questions.  I get rather fidgety.
  • ringosmithringosmith Registered Users Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    edited April 2019
    I passed my SSCP in october 2018.  i went on a course in feb 2018 but life got in the way and i was not able to do the test until October.  I thought i had failed when i finished but was soo happy when i passed.  would of liked a score so i knew how and i did and what areas needed work.  Also, now trying to get my CPE points up as the fees have doubles :(

Congratulations toall who passed :)
  • sophia_cartsophia_cart Member Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    edited April 2019
    Congratulations! Good Luck
  • jazz_01jazz_01 Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations and all the best for the CASP certification. :)
  • gh0stdylangh0stdylan Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for follow up. I'll be scheduling mine in about 3 months and have Gibson's book. were all questions multiple choice? 
  • wirygnrhdwirygnrhd Member Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I also passed 
  • toeknee1973toeknee1973 Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats !!!! I'm excited to also take within the next month or so. Using SSCP AIO Book Exam Guide by Darril Gibson & Pluralsight. Keep you posted smile:
    (In Progress)
    B.A. IT - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance - WGU
    HCISPP
  • cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 250 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!