Awesome work location

kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
edited June 2019 in Just for Fun
Some pople hate Okinawa Japan but I love it. 

Outside of the office.
The water is a little murky because of dredging a deeper channel.

5 minutes down the road during lunch. Tide is starting to rise and this is a favored spot for small wave surfers when the conditions are right.
Crystal clear water. I tried to get a pic of the fish near the shore but the add-on QX10 camera doesn't like movement. I couldn't pass up a BNIB $20 clearance item that still sells for $200.

@Infosec_Sam this is definitely NOT the most beautiful beach on island but it is an awesome spot to escape from office life for an hour. 
Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!

Comments

• kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I work in a windowless building so EVERYBODY loves to go outside for a break. Awesome beaches all over the island. I will post more pics later.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Hate to be THAT guy, but I live in a great city...however, we work in an office (actually this is a lie, I go to clients all the time but let's assume I do),

how does the inside of the office look like?

Image result for milton office meme

Joking...awesome pics mate!

Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Way better than my last job in downtown Kabul, Afghanistan, lol. I ALMOST took a job in the Marshall Islands as a network analyst but the money just wasn't there and I'm sure within a month I would have felt cooped up on the Kwajalein Atoll.
  • Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    That place looks amazing - I'm pretty jealous, not gonna lie! But I really can't complain about Madison, WI. It's much better looking than I give it credit for, and as much as I hate how the lakes affect traffic, they do add a lot of character to the city.

Community Manager at Infosec!
    Who we are | What we do
    Sunset on the other side of the island.

My absolute favorite beach on the island because camping and bbq grills are allowed. Chinese tourist have yet to over-run this beach.

One of the beaches on the other side of the island that is always packed with tourist during the crazy beach "season". Pic was taken during the winter so the beach was empty.

Hidden beach. Seriously, it is hidden. You have to walk through a jungle like path just to get to it.

edited June 2019
    Some of the areas that I get to visit for work.

Mt Fuji

Iwakuni/Hiroshima

Thailand:
    This waterfall inside of the mall is nuts and the size of those fish is ridiculous (4~8ft long).

Some of the craziest transportation that I have encountered.

Yes, that is a turbo diesel from a truck in this boat.

• DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Awesome photos Kaiju! I'm hoping to travel to Japan next year and climb Mt.Fuji. If I was in Japan, I'd probably do way more photography than work. 
  • COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    edited June 2019
    @kaiju!! No ! No! stop tormenting us with those crazy awesome pics :D. when you are working from a single family house, and when in the lucky 13th floor of the office building; should I say I'm jealous. By the way, how is CGEIT exam prep is coming alone?
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.
    @promethuschow CGEIT prep was put on the back burner for a couple months because of lack of study time but I am back on track now. I will take the test in August. 

@DZA_ Photography is an calming hobby for me. Luckily for me, my wife is also a photo hobbyist so we are always taking pics. Fuji is an absolutely beautiful place. The climbing season is short, July 10 - Sept 10, so plan your trip accordingly. Best to do a 2 day trip. Climb on on the first day and then descend on the 2nd day after watching the sun rise from the summit. There is lodging (sleep over spots) on the trail but make sure you make a reservation and bring CASH. The areas surrounding Mt Fuji are absolutely majestic. I actually love the fall time because the colors are absolutely mind blowing. I will post so fall time pics later. 

The only thing that sucks about Okinawa is Typhoon (hurricane) season but houses here are built to a standard that withstands cat 4 and 5 winds. I have sat through several super typhoons (cat 4/5) since living here. Everybody knows to stock up on water and non-pershible goods when the season starts. 

Mt Fuji area during fall

I will post better pics after I get new pcb's for the HDD's that went into full meltdown mode :(
  • yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 196 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow!
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 196 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow!
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    kaiju said:
    @DZA_ Photography is an calming hobby for me. Luckily for me, my wife is also a photo hobbyist so we are always taking pics. Fuji is an absolutely beautiful place. The climbing season is short, July 10 - Sept 10, so plan your trip accordingly. Best to do a 2 day trip. Climb on on the first day and then descend on the 2nd day after watching the sun rise from the summit. There is lodging (sleep over spots) on the trail but make sure you make a reservation and bring CASH. The areas surrounding Mt Fuji are absolutely majestic. I actually love the fall time because the colors are absolutely mind blowing. I will post so fall time pics later. 

The only thing that sucks about Okinawa is Typhoon (hurricane) season but houses here are built to a standard that withstands cat 4 and 5 winds. I have sat through several super typhoons (cat 4/5) since living here. Everybody knows to stock up on water and non-pershible goods when the season starts. 
    Thanks for the tips Kaiju! Originally my gf and I are currently planning to travel around Japan I'm going to say August to September so that fits in with the climbing season pretty well. From most of the general hiking forums, a 2 day hike to Fuji is the way to go due to the acclimatization. I'm so psyched for climbing the mountain next year. I'll be posting some photos that I took during my Iceland trip on another thread as well. :)
    edited June 2019
    Do NOT attempt to do the climb during the first couple of days. Recover from jet lag first. There is A LOT to see around Mt Fuji so if you have time try to spend a week there. Oshino Village, east of Mt Fuji and near Lake Yamanaka, is absolutely beautiful in the fall.

Oshino Village - warning ** Chinese tourist groups are a pain in the butt**

Mt Fuji - Gotenba Trail station #5 entrance

If you visit the Atomic Bomb Memorials in Hiroshima or Nagasaki you will be absolutely blown away by the exhibits. But be prepared to hear lots of propaganda from the guides.  Actually almost all of the big tourist spots are swamped by Chinese tour groups. Kyoto is on the brink of making many areas off limits to tourism because of heavy foot traffic. If you want to see some awesome fireworks and visit a nice beach them Atami is a must visit area. They actually blackout the entire beach front during the fireworks show. Atami is a quick train ride down from Fuji.

Itsukushima Island (also called Miyajima) near Hiroshima is also a nice place to visit. Deer freely wander around the island. Make sure you take care of food items because those deer will pick your pocket ... lol

Temple (forgot the name) near Hiroshima Castle.

Wall around Hiroshima Castle

Fukuoka is probably my most favorite place in Japan because it has the perfect mix of city/rural life plus a really nice shopping area and night life.
    Fukuoka at night - near canal city. The outdoor vendors (called Yatai) near canal city are awesome. People will line up and wait for hours to eat at some of the spots.

If you come to Okinawa, let me know. The bridge in the middle is called Kaichuu doro (water road) because it connects a couple smaller island to the main island of Okinawa.

Another Okinawa beach pic

Some of the best seafood and pork that I have eaten was in the Tohoku area (north)
    Seared tuna with avocado and 'maters that I made plus store bought Maguro (tuna) sashimi trio lean/semi-fatty/fatty (red, pink, marbled pink/white).

Can't forget about Tokyo Tower or Roppongi Hills.

• DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @kaiju

Love these pictures, wow soooo friggin awesome!
  • ArlesArles Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Your photos are just incredible! I especially liked the images of fireworks on Atami Beach and deer on the island of Itsukushima. Thank you for sharing your impressions and tips on traveling to Japan, especially the warnings about the large number of tourists were very helpful. It will definitely help me plan my future trip!
  • danielskirkdanielskirk Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My next job needs to be with the view like that!