Options

Need to know the name of Darril Gibson’s security+ book and website.

cyber_procyber_pro Registered Users Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
Good morning,
I wanted to know the name of Darril Gibson’s security+ book and the name of his website that has his security+ resources.

Thanks in advance 

Comments

• Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did you check Amazon or Google? Both are easily found.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    cyber_pro said:
    Good morning,
    I wanted to know the name of Darril Gibson’s security+ book and the name of his website that has his security+ resources.

Thanks in advance 

Here's his website.  http://getcertifiedgetahead.com/
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    Thank you @NetworkingStudent. @NavyMooseCCNA I did check amazon is the book called CompTIA Security+ Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-501 Study Guide ? I 
    was not sure since this is a study guide.

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Are you taking the exam? If feels like this account is just an advertisement. If you know the author and exam it feels like google could help.

Good Luck with your studies.
  • Options
    @Jon_Cisco no this isn’t an advertisement lool. I’m getting the study materials together so I can start studying. The Darril Gibson book I found on Amazon was a study guide. I wasn’t sure if that was the correct book because from the comments I have read I didn’t see the name of the book persons just said they used Darril Gibson’s book. 

Thanks.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great! Good Luck with the exam and welcome to the forums. This site has been a great motivator for me and many other members.
  • Options
    dforeman12dforeman12 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed with getcertifiedgetahead.com.  This is not an advertisement.  It was worth every penny.  Good luck.
  • Options
    CarrieDCCarrieDC Registered Users Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used Mike Chapple's study guide from certmike.com, Get Certified, Get Ahead Sec+ SY0-501 by Darril Gibson getcertifiedgetahead[.]com, practice tests from Exam Cram SY0-501 by Diane Barrett & Marty Weiss then incorporated the Lynda.com videos by Mike Chapple and I passed my first attempt with a score of 802. All these resources combined were essential for my success and I swear by Mike's study guide! I hope this helps and wishing you all the best on your next attempt.
  • Options
    odomscdodomscd Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□

The study guide is the Book that every one uses to study for the Security + test: 
     CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-501 Study Guide.
    If you join his mailing list you get a free excerpt which includes the introduction and Chapter 1. That way you can review the book before you buy it.