Which of these GIAC Exams Contains Lab Questions

AsuelimenAsuelimen Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello Folks,

Thanks to confirm which of the following GIAC exams contains lab questions
GCIH, GCWN, GMON and GCCC

I have been asked by my employer to take any of the listed certification exams with a limited timeline to study. Which would you recommend I go for?

Regards

Comments

• MrsWilliamsMrsWilliams Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited June 2019
    Asuelimen said:
    Hello Folks,

Thanks to confirm which of the following GIAC exams contains lab questions
    GCIH, GCWN, GMON and GCCC

I have been asked by my employer to take any of the listed certification exams with a limited timeline to study. Which would you recommend I go for?

Regards

What do you mean limited time to study?
    -Based on your time limitations, I am just going to assume you are doing the OnDemand option.

Why is your company only giving you four out of 30 options for GIAC exams?
    - I personally think that it's significant differences between some of the four certifications you listed. Some courses have overlap as known and stated elsewhere. Here is a random example, https://www.sans.org/course/security-leadership-essentials-managers#__utma=183869984.1673421094.1560387951.1560387951.1560387951.1

How much time do you have to study?
    - Why rush. You have like 90 days. If you rush and fail the exam retake is costly. 

Labs?
    -You are concerned about the exam and you haven't even purchased the course material? You are eager aren't ya? I am sure you could probably find reviews on the courses/certifications listed online If you did a search....

This isn't the only website in the world where people post IT related questions, comments, reviews, and concerns  :#

Job Requirement 
    -Last time I checked, only one of those certifications met the qualifications for a checkbox for a government job. So, I have already ruled that out. 
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Yeah also curious what labs have to do with anything.