Options

Passed 70-742

kbreitsprecherkbreitsprecher Member Posts: 12 ■■□□□□□□□□
Looks like I can call myself an MCSA!

Passed with a 769.  I think I need a break from certifications.

Comments

• Options
    november24november24 Member Posts: 76 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations, take a rest, then when you are ready please share with us your experience with the exam preparations and the exam itself. and any advice that could be useful for exam takers.

• Options
    malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations and welcome to the club! :)
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    N7ValiantN7Valiant Member Posts: 363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Looks like I can call myself an MCSA!

Passed with a 769.  I think I need a break from certifications.
    Congrats!  Hat trick?  1 more for MCSE?  I did.
    OSCP
    MCSE: Core Infrastructure
    MCSA: Windows Server 2016
    CompTIA A+ | Network+ | Security+ CE
  • Options
    kbreitsprecherkbreitsprecher Member Posts: 12 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For the exam, I used only used pluralsight and the measureup practice tests.  I watched all the videos, did the Labs and played with the environment for a while.  Then I did the practice tests.  I didn't feel super confident, but I got it done.  In total it took me a little over 6 months to complete, only doing a couple hours a day on the weekend.  The last 3 weeks I put in 15-20 hours of studying per week.

I found it to be the trickiest, but the one with the most "patterns", or I think there were. 

Is it really only one more for my MCSE?  If it is I might take a stab at that later in the year when the weather turns.  Until then, I'm going to enjoy the sun.

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    SyntheticMeSyntheticMe Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□