Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    MrsWilliamsMrsWilliams Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mikey88 said:
    Please keep this topic relevant to vectrus information overseas. Take any chit chat to the PMs. Violations will be reported
     :o 
  • Options
    chriscurtis83chriscurtis83 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited June 2019

No Vectrus offer but I did get a DataPath offer for the JSOC program. Finally back at the mid 200's.
  • Options
    Just another company
  • Options
    Thank you. I'm going to use the time to get my CISSP and maybe a CCNP. From what I hear the work is super chill and you can leave to do personal things whenever. The just being able to be contacted is the key. Hopefully I can leverage that into getting a poly. 
  • Options
    Just Network Engineer work. But its as needed not something I need to be in front of a screen all day.
  • Options
    w1retapw1retap Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is it possible to still get sponsored to go overseas now, or have they changed it so you must have a clearance before going over? I've looked into this on and off for 2-3 years, but I'm in a position now where I would actually be able to do it but I don't have the clearance
  • Options
    No clue I've always had a clearance since the military.
  • Options
    AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well that was one helpful comment @chriscurtis83
  • Options
    XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    w1retap said:
    Is it possible to still get sponsored to go overseas now, or have they changed it so you must have a clearance before going over? I've looked into this on and off for 2-3 years, but I'm in a position now where I would actually be able to do it but I don't have the clearance

yeah they will sponsor you, but it's a tedious process, the only thing is some companies won't even let you deploy without a full clearance, some will with an interim. As far as Vectrus is concerned i'm not sure.
    V/R

• Options
    Xepher said:

yeah they will sponsor you, but it's a tedious process, the only thing is some companies won't even let you deploy without a full clearance, some will with an interim. As far as Vectrus is concerned i'm not sure.
    Thanks! I don't mind the tedious process as I have a comfortable job that pays well, but I've just had this desire to try overseas and getting the clearance seems to be the largest roadblock for me at the moment. Is the pay for ADPE-type positions still in the ~120k range?
  • Options
    w1retap said:
    Xepher said:

Thanks! I don't mind the tedious process as I have a comfortable job that pays well, but I've just had this desire to try overseas and getting the clearance seems to be the largest roadblock for me at the moment. Is the pay for ADPE-type positions still in the ~120k range?
    I can't really answer payscales on behalf of Vectrus, but whatever you get offered ask for the pay calculation and determine if it's worth your value, if it's not what you're looking for or rush into a position when you know you're qualified for a higher payscale then that is on you. But i'm sure everyone makes 100k+, if not why waste your time even coming over.
    V/R

• Options
    Xepher said:
    I can't really answer payscales on behalf of Vectrus, but whatever you get offered ask for the pay calculation and determine if it's worth your value, if it's not what you're looking for or rush into a position when you know you're qualified for a higher payscale then that is on you. But i'm sure everyone makes 100k+, if not why waste your time even coming over.
    Correct, the ~120k mark is what I'm aiming for in regards to pay, but I'd consider less if it meant getting my foot in the door and getting the clearance.
  • Options
    w1retap said:
    Xepher said:
    Correct, the ~120k mark is what I'm aiming for in regards to pay, but I'd consider less if it meant getting my foot in the door and getting the clearance.
    The Middle East isn’t the only contract out here, there is a whole world of contractors to get your foot in the door, there is many people trying to move around internally, so not only do you have to compete with those outside, but also those already here, as stated before 9 times out of 10 those inside take priority as it’s cheaper to move those people over.
    V/R

• Options
    I’m not trying to discourage you, but there are less competitive ways to get in and move out here if that’s what you desire.
    V/R

• Options
    202202 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Xepher said:
    I’m not trying to discourage you, but there are less competitive ways to get in and move out here if that’s what you desire.
    I’m also in the same boat as @w1retap, willing to come over for less money than everybody else if it gets me in the door. 

Could you please elaborate on what these less competitive ways are because I’m definitely interested in learning more?

thanks
  • Options
    202 said:
    Xepher said:
    I’m also in the same boat as @w1retap, willing to come over for less money than everybody else if it gets me in the door. 

Could you please elaborate on what these less competitive ways are because I’m definitely interested in learning more?

thanks

get a position in a less desirable location that requires a clearance, stateside as another resort, once you get your clearance you can do what ever you want.
    V/R

• Options
    Xepher said:

get a position in a less desirable location that requires a clearance, stateside as another resort, once you get your clearance you can do what ever you want.
    This is one of the situations where me not being inside confuses me, I understand the middle east pays better, but I wasn't under the impression that it was also one of the more "desirable" areas? I figured those would be places such as Germany. What areas are generally considered less desirable in the contracting world?
  • Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    w1retap said:
    Xepher said:

This is one of the situations where me not being inside confuses me, I understand the middle east pays better, but I wasn't under the impression that it was also one of the more "desirable" areas? I figured those would be places such as Germany. What areas are generally considered less desirable in the contracting world?

Desirable in the sense of you are in a place that pays you a lot of money and not necessarily living conditions. Germany dosent pay the same as Afghanistan. They have contracts all over the place. Kuwait is a good place to start looking they usually have the most jobs. You will not get paid as much and it is expensive to live there. So you wont necessarily "make" as much as you would if you were in Afghanistan. 
  • Options
    w1retap said:
    Xepher said:

Bouncing off of what Speghetty said, also it has nothing to do with being inside/outside, if you're trying to get in, find a contract that's easy to get into, if you're having difficulties with one contract go to another until you get a cleared hire, work with that contract for a year or whatever until you have your clearance then you can become more flexible. Pretty basic to get in, you guys have to think of there is more demand for people to get in, then you'll have difficulties getting in. Also you competition on both the inside and out, for those people attempting to transition within Vectrus will have more priority lets say you want to be an NA, but we got 7-8 people inside with the certifications or whatever want to transfer then you have to also wait on those guys and compete to complete your task faster then the people on the outside (that's what I did), had all the information Vectrus required within almost 24 hours as far as processing.
    V/R

• Options
    202202 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Xepher said:
    w1retap said:
    Xepher said:

Bouncing off of what Speghetty said, also it has nothing to do with being inside/outside, if you're trying to get in, find a contract that's easy to get into, if you're having difficulties with one contract go to another until you get a cleared hire, work with that contract for a year or whatever until you have your clearance then you can become more flexible. Pretty basic to get in, you guys have to think of there is more demand for people to get in, then you'll have difficulties getting in. Also you competition on both the inside and out, for those people attempting to transition within Vectrus will have more priority lets say you want to be an NA, but we got 7-8 people inside with the certifications or whatever want to transfer then you have to also wait on those guys and compete to complete your task faster then the people on the outside (that's what I did), had all the information Vectrus required within almost 24 hours as far as processing.
    Thanks for explaining guys. I was thinking overseas would be much easier to get a clearance then stateside but I see your point. I’m gonna apply with vectrus soon and if they hire me then cool, if not I’ll find something stateside, work a year or two and then try to go overseas
  • Options
    For anyone who cares if you’re going for a VA/IA the wait list is real long, let’s just say there is about a 15 people wait list if you have done everything and are waiting for CRC because there aren’t any positions open at all lol
    V/R

• Options
    DPrice1972DPrice1972 Registered Users Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    a3g said:
    Xepher said:
    For anyone who cares if you’re going for a VA/IA the wait list is real long, let’s just say there is about a 15 people wait list if you have done everything and are waiting for CRC because there aren’t any positions open at all lol

So who's been reading the headlines today?! 

For those of us at work, could you post a less cryptic message? Or a link?
    ISC(2) CISSP ~/~ ISACA CISM & CISA ~/~ CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Project+ ~/~  PMI CAPM ~/~ Axelos ITILv3 Foundation
  • Options
    a3g said:
    Xepher said:

So who's been reading the headlines today?! 

Lol what is this suppose to mean?
  • Options
    Please keep this topic relevant to vectrus information overseas. Violations will be reported. 
  • Options
    Speghetty said:
    Please keep this topic relevant to vectrus information overseas. Violations will be reported. 
    This is not about a Vectrus oil tanker 👀
    V/R

• Options
    a3g said:
    Vectrus is a defense contractor 🗽
    Then who’s an offense contractor?
    V/R

• Options
    MrsWilliamsMrsWilliams Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Xepher said:
    a3g said:
    Vectrus is a defense contractor 🗽
    Then who’s an offense contractor?
    :D:D:D:D  :D 

• Options
    heezyhuynh404heezyhuynh404 Registered Users Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I applied to Vectrus and got an interview for a SA position when I was deployed. Told the recruiter that I will be home in May and that he'll resend me my offer. It's now June and I have not received my offer, I guess they either found somebody to take the position while I was gone. Other then that, I was able to land a position with another company that pays more!
  • Options
    I applied to Vectrus and got an interview for a SA position when I was deployed. Told the recruiter that I will be home in May and that he'll resend me my offer. It's now June and I have not received my offer, I guess they either found somebody to take the position while I was gone. Other then that, I was able to land a position with another company that pays more!
    What was the name of the company?
    V/R

• Options
    heezyhuynh404heezyhuynh404 Registered Users Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't want to disclose the name of the company.