Options

AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional - Passed

averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
Took the exam on Saturday and passed.  Also took and passed the Cloud Practitioner the same day, because why not?

For me, this was the most difficult AWS exam I've taken.  Walls of text questions and answers just as long.

I used acloud.guru, but their coverage is extremely high level compared to the exam, and ended relying more-so on the documentation.  If you're looking to tackle this one and it isn't what you do every day, I'd recommend using acloud.guru as a quick start and either add a more immersive course like the Linux Academy one appears to be or dig into the documentation.

This isn't and won't be what I do but I needed to understand the services along with best practices as I guide architecture, our cloud migration and security.

Attaining the certification was also tactical, keeping this certification and the Solutions Architecture - Professional active will keep all six of the non-specialty certifications active.
CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner

Comments

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! How hard do you think the Solutions Architect Professional is compared to the DevOps Engineer Professional? What's next for you, maybe Security Specialty?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    To me, DevOps was more difficult.  The Solutions Architect Professional wasn't much harder than the Associate - the exam questions were longer but it was the same topics and services.  acloud.guru architect courses (associate and pro) should be enough to pass both.

Security specialty will probably be next and then OSCP as it's been a personal goal for a while.
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner