endorsement requirement

itguy006itguy006 Registered Users Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□

Hi,

I am trying to figure out what exactly is meant by 2 of 8 domains experience required of 5 years

Does it mean i could have 2 years of experience at one job in ONE domain and another 3 years of experience at ANOTHER job with ANOTHER one domain? will that be eligible for overall 5 years of experience?

OR

does it have to be 2 domains in firsts job with 3 years and 2 domains again for the remainder 2 years at different job( i know it can be one job as well but i am putting my scenario which is most relevant to me)

OR 

Does the experience has to be in SAME 2 domains for 5 years?

hope it makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You are over complicating it. It means exactly what it states - 5 years of combined experience in 2/8 domains regardless of how many jobs you've held. 
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• itguy006itguy006 Registered Users Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sorry i am not trying to complicate it, i am actually having hard time understand their term.

So as per your thought : 2 years of experience at one job in ONE domain and another 3 years of experience at ANOTHER job with ANOTHER one domain

Should suffice the experience requirement? 
    itguy006 said:
    sorry i am not trying to complicate it, i am actually having hard time understand their term.

So as per your thought : 2 years of experience at one job in TWO domains and another 3 years of experience at ANOTHER job with TWO domains.

No, the math doesn't add up if you break it like that. Fixed it for you
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

mikey88 said:
    itguy006 said:

So as per your thought : 2 years of experience at one job in TWO domains and another 3 years of experience at ANOTHER job with TWO domains.

Ok Thanks, One last thing, could it be experience from 2 different domains at one job and 2 totally different domains at second job? it does it have to be same 2 domains for all 5 years?

itguy006 said:
    Ok Thanks, One last thing, could it be experience from 2 different domains at one job and 2 totally different domains at second job? it does it have to be same 2 domains for all 5 years?

Not sure, but I don't think its that strict. Worst case is you get an Associate of ISC2 until you meet the remaining experience requirements. 

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    edited June 2019

I would think it it would... but even if it doesn't you would be pretty close to and might as well take the test imo. Since you can substitute 1 year of experience with a certification like Security+ (Or bunch of other certs). So you really only need 4 years. Then you have 6 years to earn the rest of the experience you need, if you need more.
    mikey88 said:
    itguy006 said:

On a little more research what it seems like is YOU COULD possible have experience in only one domain in one job and another domain in another job to combine them to make 2 domains

See the reply below from official ISC2 member 

Thank you for your inquiry. The 5 years in at least 2 of the 8 domains can be earned at separate times, they do not all have to be earned in the same place. 

Example:

Job A: 4 years and 11 months - domain 4

Job B: 1 month - domain 5

This is 5 years in at least 2 of the 8 domain

##

• laurieHlaurieH Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As far as I know. You need 5 years of paid experience. Thats the first bit. The second part is that you need to be able to demonstrate experience in two or more domains. There is further requirement than that. Whether you did 3 in one domain and 2 in another, or whether the domains overlap.
    CCNA - expired
    CISSP - live n' kickin'
    My CISSP study apps
    My CISSP study advice blog