failed

zebra-3zebra-3 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
Failed today with score 482.

I am really disappointed as I had spent a lot of time studying for this MCP, it's the first time I fail an MCP and it feels really frustrating. (it must have been bad vibes in this exam room, the girl supervising was asking to every other guys doing MCPs how it went, and they all failed as well)

Used Nuggets, cramsession and crammaster.

Comments

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would check out the MS Press book for this exam, it is boring to read but has the necessary info in it needed to pass. It can be found here.

http://www.amazon.com/MCSA-MCSE-Self-Paced-Training-70-290/dp/0735622892/sr=8-1/qid=1168610065/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-0869611-5367859?ie=UTF8&s=books

Good luck!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    Don't let it get you down. Study harder then you did before. We all fail them from time to time.

I liked the Sybex book for 290. Try to get a testing software package like transcender or something else.

You CAN do it.
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Chin up... do some more studying and sit it again. You can nail this one!

Good luck!
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Sorry to hear about this.

Study up again, and use some different practice tests.

I've always used Transcender and MeasureUp. They haven't let me down yet.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    How much experience do you have working with 2003 Server? Judging by the certs you have, it looks like you probably know how to support XP pretty well, and even though there is some overlap, supporting a server is a new ballgame. Unless you have a lot of experience with 2003 Server, I would avoid any study materials with the word "cram" in them. You need to learn the material before you can cram for it. I used the MS Press and Sybex books for 70-290, along with MeasureUp practice tests, and was very well prepared for the test.
  • zebra-3zebra-3 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How much experience do you have working with 2003 Server? Judging by the certs you have, it looks like you probably know how to support XP pretty well, and even though there is some overlap, supporting a server is a new ballgame. Unless you have a lot of experience with 2003 Server, I would avoid any study materials with the word "cram" in them. You need to learn the material before you can cram for it. I used the MS Press and Sybex books for 70-290, along with MeasureUp practice tests, and was very well prepared for the test.

I have to say you are right, I will try other material. What is even more frustrating is that all along the exam I had the feeling I was checking the right answer for the most part...
  • emmajoyceemmajoyce Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yea, dont let it get to you. Most people i know have failed at least one of the micro tests. Do you feel that the nuggets helped you at all?? I used the nuggets for the xp when i took it and it helped me.. Also like the guys above me said,>> use a sybex book. alot more info than the cram books. good luck
    lungsucker.jpg
  • zebra-3zebra-3 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yeah nugget is not bad, although for the 270 and 271 there are 2 or 3 wrong statement.
    did you spot them ?