Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Tech_123 said:
    I can confirm IAs are all filled up in IRAQ at the moment. There is a shortage or anticipation of shortage of Network Adminsitrators and Service Desk for IRAQ. 
    What about Sys Admin's in Iraq?  
    Sys Admin II spot is open
    V/R

There is also a rumor for pay cut too with the new contract, but I dont know for sure. Many rumors out here or that Leidos is the emerging victor for the OMDAC SWACA contract. But again just rumors. 

6 figures is 6 figures. especially the enormous tax benefits that come with it working out here in a combat zone. "Foreign Earned Income Exclusion"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I think the only thing that will change is the bonus
    V/R

• SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    C4IT contractors got their pay cut by 75k
    Speghetty said:
    =O knock on wood then for our contract! XD
    Yea contract is still under protest so we shall see what happens 
    Speghetty said:
    =O knock on wood then for our contract! XD
    it's not that big of a deal to be honest, there are thousands of contract jobs in different countries.
    V/R

a3g said:
    Xepher said:
    There is also a rumor for pay cut too with the new contract, but I dont know for sure. Many rumors out here or that Leidos is the emerging victor for the OMDAC SWACA contract. But again just rumors. 

6 figures is 6 figures. especially the enormous tax benefits that come with it working out here in a combat zone. "Foreign Earned Income Exclusion"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I think the only thing that will change is the bonus
    Yeah I agree. Regardless what company wins or not or "pay cuts" I can hardly imagine them paying sub 100k lol as there is a huge demand/reliance in IT positions and technology/communications out here. 

a3g said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Actually no. six figures includes a range of about 350% in salary.

And it used to be more prior to several years ago.
    Yes if you were lucky enough to be out here in the Bush/Cheney era. Service Desk were easily making 250k.. 
    I worded it that way so you guys will start using your heads.

Cleared penetration testers and cissp are making 200k+ in silicon valley, where the only chance of you getting injured is if some soy drops his coffee cup on your foot in the starbucks you're working out of.

Uplift in the dangerous country's currently ups your salary 70% and you're telling me that some of you are willing to go to these countries for an entry-level six figure salary? This shouldnt even be mentioned.

Come on guys I know I know we are not businessmen but maybe just take a couple business classes or something and look up supply and demand.

Time to wake up guys.

Someone should take a business class. You don’t pay for anything out here it is straight income. Where you are going to be paying for everything in the states lol. You wound t save anytning there. Where coming out here you have zero expenses.
    with a 200k salary after everything is said and done you'll be still pulling in 110-120 on average.
    V/R

Xepher said:
    with a 200k salary after everything is said and done you'll be still pulling in 110-120 on average.
    The taxes eat you alive, in the middle east you get taxed on 50k-80k which is about 5-10k on average, beats paying 68k in taxes.
    V/R

Xepher said:
    Xepher said:
    The taxes eat you alive, in the middle east you get taxed on 50k-80k which is about 5-10k on average, beats paying 68k in taxes.
    Exactly that is just taxes. That dosent takeninto considering rent or mortgage and utilities cost of living is way more in the states
    A3G,

Help desk out here makes 150k minimum not even including OT. 104k minimum they will be pocketing due to the tax laws. Let that settle in and that just help desk, now think of the SAs, NAs, IAs and above lol do the math. Where do you find a help desk in the states that pay 150k lol, and even if you do find one, how much can you actually keep with the state tax codes? Along with your high standard of living cost in silicon valley? The goal is to hustle early and get your capital early so you can make passive income with the capital you make, so you are not a employee for life chasing after a paycheck and collect a W-2 for the rest of your life and always pay heavy, unfair taxes as a employee. I know they don't teach that in your business school, hopefully this helps Mr. MBA! XD

It is not about how much money you make, but how much money you keep!
    PM
    V/R

a3g said:

a3g said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Actually no. six figures includes a range of about 350% in salary.

And it used to be more prior to several years ago.
    Yes if you were lucky enough to be out here in the Bush/Cheney era. Service Desk were easily making 250k.. 
    Herpderp69,

W/ all due respect your argument is now a logical fallacy. You just stated above yes, in the Cheney era, SERVICE DESK, not even IA, was making 250k, but here you're now advocating for 150 k. Lest I remind you that middle eastern countries are now dropping explos1ves on their cyber adversary's operations... So what is the basis of your argument?

Mine is: a rising tide lifts all boats.
    If you are scared of them bombing out here why are you trying to come out here then. You literally make zero sense.
  • chriscurtis83chriscurtis83 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can still make 250k but you would need a TS/SCI and have Professional level certs. My co-workers we’re pulling that. Sadly I just have a CCNA so I was making less. 
  • chriscurtis83chriscurtis83 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I’m all about those Benjamin’s but when I did do stateside work I also did well. Some folks can only hack it overseas because it is watered down and the requirements are much lower than stateside. 
  • MHardesty619MHardesty619 Registered Users Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I’m a mixed bag. Money is a feature that will get me to live in a box for 52 weeks but I’m also looking for the adventure and the chance to see more of the world. More practically, I think it’s a great opportunity to get some contacts in an industry that isn’t accessible to most people.
    I’m a mixed bag. Money is a feature that will get me to live in a box for 52 weeks but I’m also looking for the adventure and the chance to see more of the world. More practically, I think it’s a great opportunity to get some contacts in an industry that isn’t accessible to most people.
    Yeah I agree. This is just my personal experience and opinion. I have met many great people out here from all sorts of backgrounds/skill sets (military and contractors). I will say there are many entrepreneurial minded people out here and sharing knowledge/sharing ideas with each other out on various topics for example from real estate to trucking business to defense contracting bids etc. Everyone is a expert on something. Things that I would have never thought about back at home being in the comfort of my own shell. I will have to say networking has been the most rewarding aspect being out here and the money made out here is the icing on the cake.
    Wowowo calm down let’s all agree aeg has his PHD in business, information technology, cyber  security. He probably does, matter fact you know what let’s make him the ceo of Vectrus he obviously knows everything, and let’s take pay cuts to help him get more money that he doesn’t need because he’s a trillionair and doesn’t need meager amount of money. Along with his PHD and ceo of the company, while we’re at it, let’s let him negotiate the peace talks. Matter of fact let’s let this dude become the only world leader he obviously is intelligent enough to solve all the world problems, matter fact let’s tell musk that aeg is going to populate another planet and rebuild earth.
    V/R

• DPrice1972DPrice1972 Registered Users Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    On a completely unrelated note, did you know if you ignore someone and they post in a watched thread, you still get a notification?
    ISC(2) CISSP ~/~ ISACA CISM & CISA ~/~ CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Project+ ~/~  PMI CAPM ~/~ Axelos ITILv3 Foundation
  • DPrice1972DPrice1972 Registered Users Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    a3g said:
    Not sure how this helps anyone.?? Also seems like a quick way to get banned as dprice is alluding to...
    But hey I'm just some uneducated guy with no skin in the game from xephers POV? ;)
    No, I was insinuating that even after I used the 'Ignore' feature to mute your posts, I still get a notification that you posted. You derail this topic with useless drivel, you are combative and argumentative and your posts are routinely disrespectful.

You do not contribute value to this thread.
    ISC(2) CISSP ~/~ ISACA CISM & CISA ~/~ CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Project+ ~/~  PMI CAPM ~/~ Axelos ITILv3 Foundation
    Xepher said:
    Tech_123 said:
    a3g said:
    Tech_123 said:
    Yes I am currently working in iraq but looking to change jobs.   Location must remain secret until I give notice.   
    Dude is pulling the wool over our eyes! lol. Congrats on already being 1 step ahead, I guess. 

To be more clear I am changing companies to Vectrus.  More pay, clearance and hopefully a long contract.  
    So you’re a SA with no clearance in Iraq, that’s a first I’ve seen this. 
    I don’t think he is an SA 
    Xepher said:
    Tech_123 said:
    a3g said:
    Tech_123 said:
    Yes I am currently working in iraq but looking to change jobs.   Location must remain secret until I give notice.   
    Dude is pulling the wool over our eyes! lol. Congrats on already being 1 step ahead, I guess. 

To be more clear I am changing companies to Vectrus.  More pay, clearance and hopefully a long contract.  
  • Tech_123Tech_123 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Speghetty said:
    Xepher said:
    Tech_123 said:
    a3g said:
    Tech_123 said:

Yes I am a SA
    Speghetty said:
    Xepher said:
    Tech_123 said:
    a3g said:
    Tech_123 said:

Why yes I am a SA currently.  
    Speghetty said:
    Xepher said:
    Tech_123 said:
    a3g said:
    Tech_123 said:

Why yes I am a SA currently.  
  • 202202 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A3g got banned 😂😂
  • robmcgrady99robmcgrady99 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ok, please keep posts to actual information that's relevant, if you want to argue with someone please personal message them. I have been reading this page for over a year now and the last like 2 weeks, and 4 pages are just people arguing back and forth about things that aren't helpful. Little tid bits of info in those pages but can we cut out the attacks. Tired of reading it.
    How is the Kuwait life?  
    Apartment living is shared space but each person has their own room.  So who cleans the common space?
    Do any of the contractors live on base and if so who?  
    Tech_123 said:
    How is the Kuwait life?  
    Apartment living is shared space but each person has their own room.  So who cleans the common space?
    Do any of the contractors live on base and if so who?  
    Vectrus contractors don't live on base, they have a couple of options one being a stipend and one being living in a shared apartment which is basically two separate rooms , one a master.
    V/R

They dont offer stipend. You either pay out of pocket for an apartment downtown or accept their housing that is provided. It is separate rooms but you are sharing with a person you are both responsible for the shared space.
  • BeatOnTheWaterBeatOnTheWater Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I live in Kuwait and works for Vectrus but under K-BOSSS contract. A lot of contractors here stays outside the base, only linguists working for GLS stays inside. Flats here aren't expensive specially the ones in Mahboula. That's were most contractors stay. If you are living with another person in a 2-bed flat, I think both of you needs to clean the common area. Cleaning an apartment is not a big issue, what you need to pay attention when you arrive here is the weather. Yes, it is freaking hot right now. 120 f to be exact and could go up w/in the next two months. It actually became a common joke here that every summertime is a rehearsal/preparation so there will be no to little adjustment just in case your path is downside.

BTW, I know recruiters in K-BOSSS and OMDAC, let me know if you are interested working with VEC
    BTW, I know recruiters in K-BOSSS and OMDAC, let me know if you are interested working with VEC
    I will private message you.  
  • UrbanBobUrbanBob Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What is daily work like? what issues do you deal with or tech do you use? Is it mostly support calls?