AT&T NOC

HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
Can anyone who has worked at AT&T tell me if this exists?

http://www.emeapress.att.com/library/images/att_noc_01.jpg

WOW icon_eek.gificon_cool.gif
Now working full time!

Comments

• HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
  • kiddsupremekiddsupreme Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes it exists... but, it only looks like that when AT&T is trying to impress customers, bigwigs, etc. 98% of the time, almost all of those screens are turned off. Guaranteed.
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yeah I can guarantee you that those screens are primarily not even looked at. I work in a NOC center (sort of a hybrid position) and while I've got huge displays for monitoring, I rarely look at them, because it's much more efficient to just use my monitoring tools on my own PC. Straining to look at a big display of screens like that is a pain on one's eyes and is really only there as a corporate **** extension.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
    Yes it exists... but, it only looks like that when AT&T is trying to impress customers, bigwigs, etc. 98% of the time, almost all of those screens are turned off. Guaranteed.

Where is that located? and what AT&T group sits there? GCSC (EVPN and AVTS)???
    Now working full time!
  • navfettnavfett Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That is a center located in NY or NJ, if i recall correctly that is. kiddsupreme is right, it is mostly for impressing folks.
  • computerguy9355computerguy9355 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thats nothing compared to the Miami NAP...
    Thats nothing compared to the Miami NAP...

you got pictures??? let's see!
    Now working full time!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I like to think of the NOC I work in as a shrinky-dink version of the one at AT&T. It looks kind of the same, just. . . well. . . with less amounts of stuff. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to the datacenter to do some quiet sobbing. . .

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • kiddsupremekiddsupreme Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□

Where is that located? and what AT&T group sits there? GCSC (EVPN and AVTS)???

New Jersey. And that's where the GNOC (Global NOC) is located. GCSC is primarily located in Alpharetta, GA, and CBB (Common Backbone) is located in Bridgeton, Missouri.
    Very interesting thanks for letting me know.
    Now working full time!