Options

How to make money on YouTube?

MarinadMarinad Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
Share the secret of your success!

Comments

• Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Create content that people want to see, update and add to that content constantly, promote the heck out of it, get thousands of followers, and monetize your channel using ads. That's the condensed version. There are plenty of tutorials for each step...on YouTube, ironically.
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    There are channels out there that make ~`50k/month with only 100k subscribers... here's how:

1. High CPA topics such as finance, real estate, credit cards, fashion etc. No, prank/vlog channels won't earn you anything. 
    2. Educate your audience and offer value. Once again, prank channels are fun but of no value to advertisers. 
    3. Trendy topics get attention. "click bait" There is a reason why "reaction" channels exist and thrive.
    That's all for now.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I ran across this not too long ago...pretty interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHdOo3JVeXk
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    Basic85Basic85 Member Posts: 189 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Everyone is flocking to youtube and so it's way more competitive than it use to be.  Most of the time it's not going to be overnight, think of youtube as a side hussle until/if you're channel ever gets big enough to earn a living.  
  • Options
    LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    And you have to promote the crap out of it. Don't expect people to "find" you. Cross-post, be useful everywhere you can with comments and posts that help feed the flow of new viewers.

For those that do reviews of stuff, tucking away little amazon partner links is pretty common.

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
  • Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You'll make more by focusing on non-IT topics. IT topics tend to draw an IT crowd which have a larger than average percentage of people who install ad-blockers.
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    EANx said:
    You'll make more by focusing on non-IT topics. IT topics tend to draw an IT crowd which have a larger than average percentage of people who install ad-blockers.
    That's me! uBlockOrigin to the rescue!
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I saw a cooking recipe course on Udemy yesterday. Was a little specialized I suppose (Northern Thai food). Kinda surprised, since I'd think you could just pull up what you need on Youtube instead of paying $12 for 6 video cooking demos. I didn't buy it.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    SanErSanEr Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just think what will be interesting for people to watch, what you are ready to tell them in a plain language. Also it is important to make your content really interesting to have many subscribers. I should say, such an activity requires much time and skills, but it is worth trying.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    1.  Post videos
    2.  ???
    3.  Profit
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    SanErSanEr Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm not an expert, but I think, something like this:
    2. post other videos, increase the number of subscribers

• Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would just try Yoga or be Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdOjVsfuKPs
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    BarbaradsBarbarads Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    blog.hootsuite.com/how-to-make-money-on-youtube/