Provisionally passed CCSP 10-May

E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
Just knocked out this beast a few hours ago. I feel I was able to pass relying heavily on years of Info Sec experience which includes the other eight certifications that I've done since 2015 (there is a lot of overlap after a while). It took a little over two months to prepare using the following resources: 

CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide
Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CCSP CBK
CCSP Official (ISC)2 Practice Tests

Good luck to anyone else pursuing this. 

Next up - more language studies. I'll take a break on certs until 2020. 
Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Very nice! Grats!
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!

• PeterHandsPeterHands Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    would you say you only needed those books and your experience? Any other sources?
    ISC2 CISSP, EC-Council CEH, CompTia Security+
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    would you say you only needed those books and your experience? Any other sources?
    Nothing more than the resources I listed in this thread plus experience. 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
    Received my official pass email and started the endorsement process. The online application process was very easy. Since I already have CISSP, (ISC)2 will be my endorser and all I had to do was check a few boxes plus put my name. I’ll update the thread once I am fully certified. 
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • cchisholmcchisholm Registered Users Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations E Double U, much continued success. I am planning a 8 week training plan myself. I would like to sit before the new test hits 1 August 2019, I am currently CISSP, PMP, ITILv3 and a few other expired Cisco certifications.
    cchisholm said:
    I am planning a 8 week training plan myself. I would like to sit before the new test hits 1 August 2019
    What does your plan entail? 
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! I used the same materials (minus the CBK book) when I did the CCSP. I definitely agree that sec experience will definitely help out. It was a tremendous help for me.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    @ JoJo - I feel experience made the difference in every exam I’ve taken because I always see things I don’t recall reading, but felt confident in my answer because of what I’ve seen on the job. 
  • scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi guys - which tests are the CCSP Official (ISC)2 Practice Tests? Is this the Maslow book from Sybex?
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
    @ scasc - yes that is the one. 
    Many thanks for confirming. 
  • securitychopssecuritychops Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! :smiley:
    Current Certs   : OSCE, OSCP, CISSP, Pentest+, Security+, SLAE, SLAE64
    Goals for 2019 : OSEE
    Goals for 2020 : OSWE
    Thanks everyone!
    Just received the email stating that I am now officially certified.
    Nicely done. Passed myself 2 days back. Just sent for endorsement.
    scasc said:
    Nicely done. Passed myself 2 days back. Just sent for endorsement.
    Thanks and congrats to you! 
    Many thanks :). I found this one pretty tricky, a lot more than cissp which I thought was straightforward in comparison. 
    @ scasc - My experience was the complete opposite. CISSP was more tricky for me which is probably why I failed more than once lol. But of course I’ve had more experience in security since then because it was four years between taking the two exams. 
  • COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
     :)  :)o:)  Congrats on the pass!!
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.
    Thanks guys
    @ E Double U - Yes not uncommon to find this happen. I did my CISSP a few years back also - I guess we all work in different way. I am looking at the GCCC which I understand you have also? Good cert?
    GCCC was a cake walk compared to all of the other certs I’ve done in the past few years.