Options

CCNA cyber ops worth it ?

mohamed194mohamed194 Registered Users Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello guys now i am preparing for ccna cyber ops exam and i have a voucher after the cisco changes should i continue or it will waste of time 
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Depending on your background it could be an easier route to obtain the CCNA certification...  All depends on your goals though.  
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    If I were in your shoes I would go ahead with the CCNA CyberOps exams and get the cert on my resume. According to Cisco:
    • If you complete any current CCNA/CCDA certification before February 24, you’ll receive the new CCNA certification and a training badge in the corresponding technology area.

• Options
    tboetboe Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello guys now i am preparing for ccna cyber ops exam and i have a voucher after the cisco changes should i continue or it will waste of time 
    I say go for it, the adjectives and learning points are still very pivotal to not only your knowledge but your career. I think i'm gonna snatch this one before the big Cisco change comes rolling as my CCNA R/S expires in FEB 2020 and i'm seeking to keep this cert active, Kinda sucks for me because currently i am preparing for a sans exam and now have to face this directly after :s ... how much time are you going to invest into this one for the pass?  
  • Options
    LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'd say go for it, especially if you see that you'll learn things off the syllabus and it might help with job applications. Also, if you have an interest in security, it might be the easiest route to the new CCNA next year. ;)

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    As a note to other people, the two CCNA CyberOps exams are $300 each, making this one of the pricier low-end Cisco certifications. If your career path is SecOps, I think it is still worth the cost otherwise the ROI might not be there for you.
  • Options
    p0sitron_col1drp0sitron_col1dr Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with JDMurray that the Cisco CyberOps exam(s) are worth the time and effort. I needed to re-certify my CCNA:R&S and CCNA:Security and leveraged this certification to do so. Not to mention it was a refresher for various topics that helped me out when taking the CySA+ (CS0-002) beta exam. Also, it is not included in the exams to "expire" in February 2020.