Boson Practice Labs

ice9ice9 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
Quick question for the always highly recommended Boson site and their practice exams.  What is the consensus on the Boson practice labs? Are they worth the price or just stick to the practice exams they offer?

Right now they are offering 25% off all ISC2 and other testing products through July 10th

Comments

• tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for the tip! I was planning to sign up for their CISSP questions.
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I took the CISSP exam back in 2017 and one of the study aids was using the BOSON CISSP Exam Simulator. I personally found it very helpful due to the structure of the questions and how they provided detailed answers on how it was the CISSP mindset. Some people are either on the fence about the exam simulator or either said that it wasn't helpful. That being said, its YMMV although I find it useful in me passing the exam. I am sure you can try giving it a trial run. 
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    For what it is worth, we use the Boson Exam Environment for CISSP exam prep at the school I work at and it has been extremely helpful.  I am using it myself, if that matters.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • ice9ice9 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Boson has been a great resource for years for the progression of CISSP test taking.  Anyone who had a quick follow-up have a quick opinion/review of the Boson "Practice Labs"?  The Labs are a few more bucks, but I am interested in hearing from anyone that has purchased BOTH the Exams AND the practice labs for CISSP...maybe as a bundle if it was a good deal.  Thanks!

• tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm still trying to figure out why you would need a lab to prepare for CISSP.
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I would agree with TedJames, I'm not sure why you would need a lab as its less of a technical exam than a managerial certification. With that being said, it's a bit overkill for the practice labs when you have other study aids are just as powerful. Books, CBT and question banks is all you really need vs simulation labs. 
  • laurieHlaurieH Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Agree with the above, not sure why they've called them labs.
    CCNA - expired
    CISSP - live n' kickin'
    My CISSP study apps
    My CISSP study advice blog
  • ice9ice9 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the feedback. I guess I just needed to bounce it off the TE forums, and it sounds like CISSP Labs might just be additional "Scenario" test bank questions for CISSP and that's all