Options

NEW ECIHv2?

buffguytvbuffguytv Registered Users Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have to take the stupid cert because of WGU. Does the new version of the test come with a bunch of new questions? Or is the question pool the same? Im asking because the school is giving me the version 1 study material and I dont want to be wasting my time with it if it is going to set me up for failure with the test. 

Comments

• Options
    MrsWilliamsMrsWilliams Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    buffguytv said:
    I have to take the stupid cert because of WGU. Does the new version of the test come with a bunch of new questions? Or is the question pool the same? Im asking because the school is giving me the version 1 study material and I dont want to be wasting my time with it if it is going to set me up for failure with the test. 
    Sir,

First and foremost, thanks for being amongst the ELITE who have the desire and have completed a WGU degree. 

I will not completely answer your question and for that I apologize. 

What I will say is that in my experience over the years, if a new version is released new material/questions are released. With that being said, I can promise you that every new version of an exam has (somewhat) new exam objectives. So, I would suggest you start with looking at the objectives. I am sure you could probably google kung fu a search that will outline the differences between the two exams.

WGU has chat representatives and several phone numbers that could assist you in finding out the answer (even on Saturday). It's a little late now, but I think your course mentor, student services, and/or instructor could assist in answering your question. Although, it's a possibility someone on this site is going through what you are going through. 

I just highly doubt WGU would give you Version A material for a Version B material exam. WGU isn't known for setting people up for failure. If someone passes/fails is entirely on them. I am not saying that the WGU material guarantees a pass if you know how to read. I am just saying that it will most likely cover the exam objectives. People have taken WGU exams and failed and blamed WGU and the material. People have been doing that for years, even for non Ec-Council certifications..... Ex: Microsoft, ISC2, CompTia, etc..

Lastly, most people know what they are getting themselves into WGU wise. Anyone can google kung fu what each degree requirement is and the applicable certifications (for any university). Sometimes, people act surprised but they shouldn't be. 

I would suggest remaining positive. This exam isn't the hardest exam in the world. I have taken an Ec-Council exam or two in my life. It's not the end of the world, especially for the price of the degree. I think you'll be alright. 

Good Luck