Different Titles.....

DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
While working contracts how do you manage different titles?  The agency calls you X and the physical employer calls you Y.  

Comments

• mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I've ran into that before. I'd suggest contacting your agency and have them update your title. 
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    edited July 2019
    @Skyliinez92  Thanks for following up.  I've decided to do the same thing.  The company I work for won't verify anyway they redirect to the contracting agency which in turn is the title I am going with.....  

In fact where I am working you either a technology worker or developer.  I fall into the technology worker bucket.  My agency actually has my title correct.  
  • thaiguy314thaiguy314 Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was going to agree that whatever your contracting agency refers to you as is probably the safest bet as that's who they'd verify employment with anyways. I think this is especially true if you work DOD as the government tends to have broad generic names so they can keep options for the slot flexible. My company considers me an ISSO level II but the air force just calls me a Cybersecurity Analyst.
    Certs: CISSP, CEH, CCNA Cyber Ops, Security+