Completed CISSP Sybex Book?

UsualSuspect7UsualSuspect7 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi, 

i recently completed Syber CISSP official Cert Guide. I'm a bit defeated as it was a challenge. I want to watch the CBT nugget videos, then read each chapter summary within the book. 

I then plan to answer from memory the exam objectives. 

Do you guys/gals think I should take the Exam within two weeks from now?
CISSP, CCENT, CCNA R/S, CCNA Cyber OPs, Security+, CySA+, PenTest+, Network+, Microsoft AZ-900, InsightVM CA

Comments

• mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'd also recommend some sort of practice exam like Boson to gauge your readiness. I don't think you can over prepare for this exam.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    +1 on the practice tests! You can get lots of free practice exams and flash cards from Wiley since you have the book. If you have the 7th edition, look on page 42 for a link. Also, the Sybex guide's author Mike Chapple has lots of helpful, free advice on his website: https://www.certmike.com/
  • laurieHlaurieH Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't think you should take the exam based on what you've done, but on how you're performing. If you're interested I wrote a post on exactly this subject of how to know when you're ready for the exam. The root link is in my signature but feel free to message me if you have trouble locating the post.
    CCNA - expired
    CISSP - live n' kickin'
    My CISSP study apps
    My CISSP study advice blog
  • X5c0rX5c0r Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Give it another month.  Do all the practice exams, focus on the Written Lab sections.  Watch the Kelly Handerhan Cybray video.  Write down weak areas as you come across them to reinforce the concepts. 
  • laurieHlaurieH Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with the others. You won't know how you do until you test yourself. You get (I think) 100 questions from buying the Sybex book so do them and whatever other ones you can get your hands on until you're consistently scoring > 80%. Good luck.
    CCNA - expired
    CISSP - live n' kickin'
    My CISSP study apps
    My CISSP study advice blog
  • Dan-in-MDDan-in-MD Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Below is a link to a post of mine from several years ago. Some of the publications may have newer editions, and web links may have changed.

https://community.infosecinstitute.com/discussion/115793
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    laurieH said:
    I agree with the others. You won't know how you do until you test yourself. You get (I think) 100 questions from buying the Sybex book so do them and whatever other ones you can get your hands on until you're consistently scoring > 80%. Good luck.
    With the additional questions in the Sybex question bank as a separate book, its about 50 questions per domain and 2 mock exams for reference I believe.