GIAC GDSA first time taking a certification

mztbayzmztbayz Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
edited June 2019 in GIAC
Hello, I am planning on taking my GDSA exam beta in two weeks, has anyone taken it yet? how did you feel about the exam and any tips ?

What does Exam Certification objectives mean. This is my first sans exam.

Thank you

Comments

• MrsWilliamsMrsWilliams Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited July 2019
    mztbayz said:
    Hello, I am planning on taking my GDSA exam beta in two weeks, has anyone taken it yet? how did you feel about the exam and any tips ?

What does Exam Certification objectives mean 
     :s 
    . This is my first sans (GIAC) exam.

Thank you
    Hello Friend,

Based on the GIAC website, the exam isn't even available yet: 
    https://www.giac.org/certification/defensible-security-architecture-gdsa

To add to the irony of your story/question, nobody has taken the exam yet. It's 0 certified GDSA professionals. https://www.giac.org/certified-professionals/directory/gdsa

I think I am going to change my name to TechExams Police because I keep policing up these posts  :D 

What I will say is that if you google -building a SANS index- you'll find tips on how to prepare for your exam. The index will be beneficial in helping you make comprehensive notes, that should overall limit your need to flip through the books. 

Read and attempt to understand the books and topics and you'll more than likely be alright. 

I don't think I have ever looked at the exam objectives for a GIAC exam but here you go:

https://cyber-defense.sans.org/certification/gdsa

• zerglingszerglings Member Posts: 295 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You're right that there are 0 GDSA certified folks because they haven't released the GDSA Beta exam results who have taken it. Guess what though? Once they've finally release the GDSA to the public, there will be at least 1 GDSA on day one of the certification release.
    :study: Life+
  • networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mztbayz said:

Thank you
    Did you get your beta exam results yet?
  • MrsWilliamsMrsWilliams Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited August 2019
    mztbayz said:

Thank you
    Ok, it went from 0 to (at least) 50 people who have the certification. 

I am looking for a review and some news?  :#

mztbayz

@mztbayz
  • scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Keep us posted whoever attempts the cert. One on the radar. Thanks in advance. 
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I passed yesterday.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • catscapscatscaps Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed yesterday.
    How did it compare to the practice exams? I am taking in the next week or so, currently refining my index and will take the practice exam at the end of the week.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @ catscaps - Every GIAC exam I have taken was similar to the practice tests. I have passed five GIAC exams on the first attempt and believe the practice tests were of great help in each case.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • cshkurucshkuru Member Posts: 246 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took the class in Apr 2019 and took the exam Saturday.  Lot's of stuff I didn't remember from the class so it was tough even after spending a couple weeks going thru the books (reread every page) and indexing my butt off.  The practice tests were loosely aligned in that the question format was familiar but not necessarily the topics.  (Yes, I passed.)
  • charismaticxcharismaticx Member Posts: 160 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The course objectives looks awesome. It looks like it’s a must for anyone interested in securing their data infrastructure. 
    Goals: PNPT; OSCP; GPYC; GSE
  • rockybasharockybasha Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Will practice questions repeat in main exam for GDSA? Please comment someone who passed the exam.. appreciate your feedback.