moving to another job

mohamed194mohamed194 Registered Users Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello all,
Hope you are doing well
I am currently working as technical support but I want to work in information security field I tried for 5 months to look for a job after training at cisco networking academy with courses CCNA R&S, CCNA Security and CCNA Cyber Ops but it did not work out so I work as technical support to use it as income. I have vouchers for the three courses but did not attempt the exams yet my question is what should I do land my job in infosec?

Comments

• sil3nt_n1njasil3nt_n1nja Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah infosec is hot, but your approach is vague. First identify in which IT sec segment you would like to work for. Sec engineering? Incident Handling or Response? Security Analyst, SOC analyst? etc.
    Each one of those takes years of practice.... choose one and start working on it first through free resources and then maybe pursuit a related certification. 
  • mohamed194mohamed194 Registered Users Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah infosec is hot, but your approach is vague. First identify in which IT sec segment you would like to work for. Sec engineering? Incident Handling or Response? Security Analyst, SOC analyst? etc.
    Each one of those takes years of practice.... choose one and start working on it first through free resources and then maybe pursuit a related certification. 
    yeah I agree with you recently I decided to go for SOC Analyst and I will start with SANS 504 but I fear that i getting old before i get my job :D
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    SOC will probably be easier to get into. CCNA Cyber is a good choice as well.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux