I knew I had made a terrible mistake in entering the IT field... [Long Story]

1235»

Comments

• BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    lol @ all the serious responses.
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Plot twist:  8 years later OP has a gunt.
  • LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't think the original post was a troll or satire...it sounded like a very specific chip to unload.

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
  • MrNetTekMrNetTek Member Posts: 100 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited July 2019
    Funny, yet delusional post. Most IT people love their jobs, and have great lives.

-MrNetTek at your service-
    LinkedIn  Tumblr  Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Mix  My Blog

• That Random GuyThat Random Guy Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    AvgITGeek said:
    Trolling from 2011 and still getting bites when the OP themselves dug this one up couple of days ago. Let it die.
    You'd think the mods could simply lock this thread. Don't see how that's not an option.
  • jasper_zanjanijasper_zanjani Member Posts: 76 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You have to pick a lane and stick to it, but it sounds like you were just not happy where you were. That's pretty much how I was after 10 years as a government contractor. Your comment on badge-discrimination made my eyebrows raise, that's pretty much how it is for a government contractor working in the DC area: contractors have green badges and staff have blue badges. In fact they use the term "blue-badge" there as well. I was fed up with translating, and it sounds like you're fed up with Exchange. 😂 You gotta do what you want to do, I for one am actually trying to get into the field you are leaving. The grass is always greener, I suppose...