Anyone create or know where to buy a book to hold multiple certs?

greengeekgreengeek Registered Users Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am starting to acquire a plethora of certificates.  My wife calls me a cert hoarder.  I am curious if anyone has came up with a good way to store their certs.  I am not big into showing off, so I don't want to frame and hang them.  I am thinking something like a binder that has sleeves where someone can flip through and view them if they want to see them.  Has anyone done this or have any suggestions on how best to go about it?

I am looking for something that can hold a few dozen and will fit the full size certs from companies such as isc2, isaca, microsoft, cisco, ec-council, etc

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I use a simple three-ring binder with clear sheet protectors.

The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Make a high-quality color scan of each certificate, create a screensaver from the image files, and put all the paper in a manilla folder in your desk's file drawer.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    have a seamstress make a flag out of them & hang it on your deck/porch as a sunshade
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    My certs are filed away in their perspective shipping envelope in my desk drawer. The problem with binders is sometimes the print will adhere to the protective film of binders.
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    kaiju said:
    My certs are filed away in their perspective shipping envelope in my desk drawer. The problem with binders is sometimes the print will adhere to the protective film of binders.
    Good point.  I try to make sure that I get the protective sheets that aren't supposed to allow the documents to adhere...I think they are intended for photos.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Keep them in the container they come in and store them away in a filing cabinet.  I rarely even open them up.  
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I wedge mine between my HS diploma and college degree. They're more valuable. 
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Desktop wallpaper, set to rotate every few hours is what I've decided on temporarily (going on one year now). If your OS permits multiple desktops/workspaces, have one just for cert wallpapers as your "study" desktop.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    I see many people are using their certs as a desktop wallpaper, but have you considered making copies of all your certs and using them as real wallpaper? Like, just go nuts and cover the walls with certs.
    Community Manager at Infosec!
    Who we are | What we do
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I recall binders being explained politically...this one time at band camp  :D  
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP