Job task changing continuously

DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
Just curious if any of you have job roles that change continuously, for instance in project type work.  One piece of a project you might do system design and build out, another project you jump on and do technical drawings/diagrammings, maybe another a few months out do some RFP's and SOW creation.  Manage resources on other projects....    etc.   

Just being nosey if any of you experienced this in the past or currently experiencing this.  

Thanks

Comments

• EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I do this with my team. Partly because the demands of the work change and the primary might not be available but also because I don't want people to stagnate. I try to ensure people aren't put on a task they really don't like (and will therefore drag their feet on). All on my engineers are brought on with the understanding that they'll do around 75% in their primary skill area and 25% "other".
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That's cool.  I actually like working like that....   My last 3 previous efforts all fortune 500 had us tightly scoped into one role.   While this one is fairly scoped, there are lots of opportunities to jump and take on additional task, like the ones I mentioned.  I've been doing a lot of Visio diagramming in our environment.  By no means do I want this to be my career, but it's nice adding value in others ways.  Like this particular effort is mapping out our entire systems, API's (Soap, Rest), EDI, middleware, front end systems and back end ERP etc....    It's a massive undertaking but I'm learning a ton.