SEC530 - Defensible Security Architecture

cshkurucshkuru Member Posts: 246 ■■■■□□□□□□
Looking at taking this course (no associated cert) sometime in the last half of the year. Wondering if anyone here has taken it and what they thought of it?

Comments

• quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There was an email on the GIAC advisory board from someone that just took the class. He said it was great and that anytime you have the chance to take a course with Eric Conrad you should jump on it.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    I've just heard that this course will be coming to my country this year, and will be by Eric Conrad. The topics are very interesting and will be extremely relevant to doing architecture and design work! It's on my wish list :D
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• Sheiko37Sheiko37 Member Posts: 214 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm at a crossroad whether I should go for this course or something in GRC.

I'm currently pen testing, but want to be competent at delivering overall security guidance. I worry this course would be more beneficial for sys admins and network engineers using this knowledge internally, rather than a consultant taking this information to clients, because it's just so broad.

If you read the "You Will Be Able To" dot points it is absolutely enticing, however the syllabus is so daunting, each day is almost an entire industry of its own. I imagine the students comfortable on one day will be totally lost on another, and vice versa. Is there a coherent methodology to deliver this massive list?
  • scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Def on my radar too. As a current architect the topics look pretty relevant and I reckon would help supplement gaps in knowledge in respect to giving architecture advise. However saying that the. Lab work does seem to be more for the sys admin folks possibly. Certainly though feel you can take this knowledge and advise clients on how to improve their security posture.
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Has anyone taken this course yet? I am interested in going for it in 2020.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had Eric Conrad for 511.  He's a lot of fun.