Passed MD-101 (19/06/19) - Now a Modern Desktop Admin

DunkehDunkeh Registered Users Posts: 10 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'd say this is a worthwhile exam for anyone who already has their MCSA Win 10 or just the 70-698. For those who have already taken and passed the 70-697 this exam should be a cakewalk.
To study I used technet (Microsoft have a document with all the exam objectives and links to the relevant techet articles) and the first 2/4 of the CBT nuggets courses as well as some labing.
Current Certifications - ITIL v3 Foundations, ITIL Intermediate RCV, ITIIL Intermediate OSA, MCSA Windows 10, MTA Networking Fundamentals, Microsoft 365 Certified Modern Desktop Administrator Associate

Comments

• SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

How much study time did you put in for this exam?
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • DunkehDunkeh Registered Users Posts: 10 ■■□□□□□□□□
    About 2 weeks but I use the majority of technology covered in the exam at work and some material was a re-read of the 697 exam.
    For someone going onto the content for the first time I'd say 6-8 weeks would be reasonable.

Current Certifications - ITIL v3 Foundations, ITIL Intermediate RCV, ITIIL Intermediate OSA, MCSA Windows 10, MTA Networking Fundamentals, Microsoft 365 Certified Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
  • malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Dunkeh said:
    I'd say this is a worthwhile exam for anyone who already has their MCSA Win 10 or just the 70-698. For those who have already taken and passed the 70-697 this exam should be a cakewalk.
    To study I used technet (Microsoft have a document with all the exam objectives and links to the relevant techet articles) and the first 2/4 of the CBT nuggets courses as well as some labing.
    Congrats on the pass, I will be doing this in the future.

Was the material for this cert easy to find on technet for the exam objectives?
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

Microsoft made a document matching up the blueprint with technet articles for the MD-100 and MD-101.
    It can be found here: aka.ms/MSStudyGuide
    Dunkeh said:
    Microsoft made a document matching up the blueprint with technet articles for the MD-100 and MD-101.
    It can be found here: aka.ms/MSStudyGuide
    Thanks, that's very helpful :)
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    What's a modern desktop admin? "Hey Cortana, restart my PC"?
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

mikey88 said:
    Not if they retire Cortana, which its coming close to.
    Certifications:

mikey88 said:
    In case you're not joking it is the replacement certification for the MCSA Windows 10 since that is not retired.
  • jmarkg7jmarkg7 Registered Users Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How much did it cost you?
    jmarkg7 said:
    How much did it cost you?
    The exam replay voucher cost me $320 AUD. Prices for exam vouchers vary by region. I have a cbt nuggets subscription through my job as well.
  • certs4mecerts4me Member Posts: 15 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. What sort of lab setup did you have? A lot of exam objectives cover Intune and Azure. I see no way of getting experience with Intune since you need a company account. I do have an Azure account. I'd really like to get experience with Intune and Azure before doing the exam.
    certs4me said:
    Congrats. What sort of lab setup did you have? A lot of exam objectives cover Intune and Azure. I see no way of getting experience with Intune since you need a company account. I do have an Azure account. I'd really like to get experience with Intune and Azure before doing the exam.
    VMs on my home pc to do deployment scenarios and I am lucky enough to have access to Azure and Intune in a prod environment at work.
    Microsoft does offer a 30 day free sub to Intune and Azure for a new account.