Just Passed CSA+

lunchbox67lunchbox67 Member Posts: 132 ■■■■□□□□□□
I wanted to keep my other CompTIA certs valid so I decided taking the CSA+ would be the way for me to do it. They expire in November so not a ton of time. I got a deal on two CSA+ vouchers. So my plan was to study a bit, take the test to get a feel for it, the pass it the second time.

Took it today and passed by 20 points, close but a pass is a pass.

For a book I used - CompTIA CSA+ Study Guide: Exam CS0-001 - Wiley - Mike Chapple, David Seidl
For practice tests I used Udemy. At $10, why not. And CertMaster ... the 2 vouchers.

I am pretty sure anyone who studied this matterial would be able to pass too.

Comments

• tuxedoturtletuxedoturtle Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • palmett0palmett0 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Very nice, congratulations!

I am in the process of going through the same book you read.
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • 3online3online Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    lunchbox67 wrote: »
    I wanted to keep my other CompTIA certs valid so I decided taking the CSA+ would be the way for me to do it. They expire in November so not a ton of time. I got a deal on two CSA+ vouchers. So my plan was to study a bit, take the test to get a feel for it, the pass it the second time.

Took it today and passed by 20 points, close but a pass is a pass.

For a book I used - CompTIA CSA+ Study Guide: Exam CS0-001 - Wiley - Mike Chapple, David Seidl
    For practice tests I used Udemy. At $10, why not. And CertMaster ... the 2 vouchers.

I am pretty sure anyone who studied this matterial would be able to pass too.

Did you find udemy practice tests helpful?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • catqueenbbcatqueenbb Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats. I am too studying for this certification. I am done ready the csa study guide by chapelle. Bought the udemy practice questions, they contained a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes, ended up asking for a refund. I am now looking into buying cybrary labs questions to get prepared for this.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • KandinskyKandinsky Member Posts: 108 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I was studying for this one too a few months ago, but then stuff happened and I ended up getting the Server+ instead, which renewed my A+ and network+ for another 3 years. I'm working on a couple minor certs right now. I may just let the Security+ expire, because I do plan on getting the CSA+ at some point, and it's a higher level cert than the Sec+ anyway. BTW, I noticed you also have security+. What was the difficulty comparison between CSA+ and Sec+?
  • LSageeLSagee Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • GettingThereSoonGettingThereSoon Member Posts: 19 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Kandinsky wrote: »
    Congrats. I was studying for this one too a few months ago, but then stuff happened and I ended up getting the Server+ instead, which renewed my A+ and network+ for another 3 years. I'm working on a couple minor certs right now. I may just let the Security+ expire, because I do plan on getting the CSA+ at some point, and it's a higher level cert than the Sec+ anyway. BTW, I noticed you also have security+. What was the difficulty comparison between CSA+ and Sec+?

I recently passed both so I throw my 2 cents...

Security+ seems to have more low-level technical questions than CSA+, e.g., subnetting, Linux commands (I got 2 questions on Linux firewall using "lptable" which I knew nothing about). I got 3 sims in both exams. Funny thing is - Security+ has 1 sim almost exactly like the one I saw in one examdump...and the sad thing is I didn't study/remember it. So when I prep for CSA+, I made sure I fully study/remember every sim I saw in the examdump....and I encountered one sim exactly like in the ****. Difficulty level (for me) CSA+ is higher than Security+ because CSA+ covers more topics. But I also felt CSA+ questions are more at higher level than Security+, that is CSA+ seems focus on why we doing this way while Security+ focus on how we doing it.
  • shireensheryshireenshery Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed my CS0-001 CySA+ CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst exam today with a score of 94.6%

What I think about CompTIA CySA+ exam
    The CySA+ CS0-001 exam for me was more easy than the comptia a+ certification exam. Maybe this is because of ExamsTrainer CS0-001 practice questions. I had one test simulation and 363 questions. I saved the sims to last and focused on the questions first. I believe I only marked 5 questions for review, the other cysa+ questions I could answer with confidence.

How I prepared CySA+ CS0-001 Exam
    I first viewed all sites they provide CS0-001 exam questions, than I read the CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst exam topics and took notes, than I took all the examstrainer CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst CySA+ CS0-001 practice exam questions and the CySA+ practice exams software until I scored near 95%.

Observations
    Some of the questions in the CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst exam were outside of the CySA+ exam topics, but 95% questions were come from examstrainer preparation material.

oddly enough, very specific to a certain situation.
    Some log questions where you had to analyse NMAP output.
    Some packet capture questions where you had to determine if the traffic was malicious.
    One or two questions where you had to know Linux commands.
    For the rest most were straight forwards questions as you would find in most practice exams.

Resources used
    CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst Certification CySA+ Exam Guide
    I took the CompTIA ExamsTrainer study material.
    Udemy Practice Exams
    CySA+ Practice Test Engine
    CompTIA Exam CS0-001 Practice Questions from

drop a comment if you have any questions.
  • McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Ok wow, so you both cheated and now want to give your input on how "easy" the exam was....... You both are the reason why some people in this industry question the value of certs anymore...
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    McxRisley said:
    Ok wow, so you both cheated and now want to give your input on how "easy" the exam was....... You both are the reason why some people in this industry question the value of certs anymore...
    I think what is even more amazing is the willingness to admit using examdumps. That is a good way for Certs to be revoked. It is also pretty frustrating where I just put in many hours studying for the CCSP and SSCP (passed both) to see this is what I have to compete against for jobs. I have purchased three CySA+ books, two practice test books, a couple Udemy CySA+ courses, and Packt Publishing material to study and strengthen my knowledge and pass the test (hopefully the first part of next year) through my own hard work.

As you point out some are losing faith in Certs' prestige because instead of hard work and studying, too many are using the examdumps out there. Please don't post how easy an exam is when you used examdumps in a community that does not condone such "resources". Work hard and study and show you know the material because you have studied not because you memorized answers.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    edited August 2019
    Realize that certifications only help you get a first-round interview. Once you are in the interview, the only important thing is how you present yourself to the interviews. The paper (certs, degrees, resume, CV, etc.) makes no difference at that point. It is likely people who "cut corners" to get certs will not do well in interviews for anything other than entry-level positions.
  • lunchbox67lunchbox67 Member Posts: 132 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Getting near that time to renew my CompTIA certs again. Thinking about the PenTest+.

• Johnhe0414Johnhe0414 Registered Users Posts: 191 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Awesome! Congratulations
    Current: Network+ | Project+ 
    Working on: PMP
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"