Anyone have a spare GMON Practice Test?

RaviKPRaviKP Member Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am new to TechExams. Anyone have any spare GMON Practice Test?
Tagged:

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I always like to hear the stories behind GIAC requests. Did you take the class or are you challenging the test?
  • RaviKPRaviKP Member Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i took the class. But, i am new to the security, so want to have some additional practice tests before actual exam,
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    edited July 2019
    Assuming you included the exam attempt when paying for the course, how did you do on the two practice exams that came with it?
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
    67% and 75%. Just want to try one before the actual exam.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Hmm.. that is what I call the danger zone. How's your index? Is this your first GIAC test?
  • MrsWilliamsMrsWilliams Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited July 2019
    RaviKP said:
    67% and 75%. Just want to try one before the actual exam.
    I am not sure another practice test is going to benefit you. I think we need to work on fundamentally understanding the material. 

The passing score for the exam is 75%. You failed one practice test and passed the other by 1%. 

People should use the practice test as a way to understand how they absorbed the material, if they did so,. A practice test isn't necessarily a gauge of if you'll pass the exam. 

The good news is that people, including myself have failed and/or barely passed a practice test then passed the real exam. So, it all depends on if you are willing to purchase an exam retake, which I don't suggest but it's always an option., 

Like every instructor has and will say... the exam questions come from the books. What's also important to know is the exam questions can be taken from the labs as well. I personally would suggest re-reading the material and building an index of keywords. Your index can be 40 pages front and back, who cares. Your objective is to pass the exam. 

Good Luck
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    . A practice test isn't necessarily a gauge of if you'll pass the exam. 

The good news is that people, including myself have failed and/or barely passed a practice test then passed the real exam.
    Very true! I have failed most GIAC practice exams, but have passed all four of the real exam attempts. 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Randy_RandersonRandy_Randerson Member Posts: 115 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited July 2019
    Add me to the list of folks who have failed practice tests (both of them) and went on to pass the test by 10-15%. The tests are merely there to show you where to study, and to prepare you for how the questions are written. 

I've never put too much stock into the whole "you should have an 80% before you go for the real thing." They are retired questions or thrown out ones from the real test. You're not going to see the exact question you saw in the practice test. Period. It won't happen. I haven't taken a practice test for the last 5 tests I've taken. After about your 2nd or 3rd test, you should know what you're in for.

If you're not using the practice test to go back and review anything that is 3-stars and below...that is where you're doing yourself a disservice and setting yourself up for a rough day at the proctor center. 
    Thank you all for your suggestions. This is my first GAIC test. I feel i am ready, but just wanted to boost my confidence. I will let you all know how did it go. My exam is in couple of weeks.