Starting CCNP - Route (GNS3)

Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just wondering if anyone who has completed CCNP Route  would know what images i will need for the entire course.
I am new to GNS3 i was using real equipment plus boson netsim for CCNA. GNS3 takes a lot more configuring than boson did as all the ISO images were built into it.

I have several images already but want to be sure i have the right ones to complete both route and switch.

any advice appreciated thanks.

Comments

• thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I didn’t use GNS3, but I did use VIRL to test some things out after I failed my first attempt.  i’ve heard that you can use the VIRL images in GNS3 and EVE-NG, but I’ve never tried myself.  Only downside is it costs $199/year for a license to get access to the images.  I also used Boson NetSim that I had purchased during my CCNA studies.  Again it’s not cheap, but I liked having the premade labs to go theough along with their explanations amd answers.  With the premade labs I don’t have to spend time setting stuff up and I can focus on doing whatever is in that lab.
  • Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Thomas, in the premade labs would you remember what routers were used ? was it 3725's in all of them ?
  • williebwillieb Member Posts: 108 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In GNS3 I used c7200-advipservicesk9-mz.152-4.S5.image for all ROUTE labs. That should work for you just fine.
    [X] CCENT ICND1 100-105
    [X] CCNA ICND2 200-105
    [X] CCNP ROUTE 300-101
    [X] CCNP SWITCH 300-115
    [X] CCNP TSHOOT 300-135
    [ ] CCDP ARCH 300-320