Failing to sign NDA within 5-minute time limit = Fail Exam

bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
edited August 2019 in (ISC)²
https://cccure.training/m/articles/view/Forcing-Student-to-sign-their-NDA-under-a-time-limit

My reaction: Wow. I just scroll to the bottom and click Agree. I have taken a couple (ISC)2 exams in the past and I am already familiar with the NDA.

Why is there a time limit anyway?
2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science

Comments

• iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Why would you need more than 5 minutes to read the one page NDA that you should have read during the registration process if you are that particular about thoroughly reading all legal agreements?

The time lime probably has to do with scheduling and guaranteeing exam slots at Pearson.  I would be pissed if I missed my scheduled exam because some jackass took 45 minutes to read the NDA that they could have read ahead of time.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This was from 2014...   That dude is seriously not someone I'd want to know or be friends with. That's a serious stick stuck up there.

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Do your research before hand. Here's the NDA (https://downloads.isc2.org/pearson-vue/pearson-vue-nda.pdf). I read it before I took the exam. It's not hidden, it's freely available, it's mentioned many times in a lot of resources.

I can see why that guy was angry. I just think he's redirecting any blame away from himself. 
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    PC509 said:
     I just think he's redirecting any blame away from himself. 
    Bingo
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response