Passed GMON

slim27jointslim27joint Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
Took the course through the mentor program, which is my preferred way to taking a SANS course, cheaper and more time to digest the information and labs. The exam was pretty straightforward and I actually leveraged the provided index. Read through the books, complete the labs and utilizing that index is all you need to successfully pass the exam. Now the index does have some blind spots, so you can go back and alter it to your liking, but it wasn't necessary for me.
Tagged:

Comments

• CarrieDCCarrieDC Registered Users Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @slim27joint Did you have a study plan/calendar? How long did you study before you felt comfortable to take the exam?
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • Randy_RandersonRandy_Randerson Member Posts: 115 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Took the course through the mentor program, which is my preferred way to taking a SANS course, cheaper and more time to digest the information and labs. The exam was pretty straightforward and I actually leveraged the provided index. Read through the books, complete the labs and utilizing that index is all you need to successfully pass the exam. Now the index does have some blind spots, so you can go back and alter it to your liking, but it wasn't necessary for me.
    What type of blind spots were you seeing? Any specific topic or book? 

Congrats!! 
  • slim27jointslim27joint Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CarrieDC said:
    @slim27joint Did you have a study plan/calendar? How long did you study before you felt comfortable to take the exam?
    To be honest when you take the mentor sessions you have class once a week, so you cover each book and labs during that time. I felt pretty confident taking it the weekend the course was over. Now if I had to do an index, it would have taken a bit longer but I felt comfortable with the one provided.
  • slim27jointslim27joint Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What type of blind spots were you seeing? Any specific topic or book? 

Congrats!! 

Randy it was really noticeable during the exam, so I can't really divulge. However, for myself when studying, I paid a lot of attention to Books 1,3 & 4, those books may be your strong suite, so further review may not be warranted.
  • AsuelimenAsuelimen Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations

I have just passed my GCIA and GMON is next. There were 11 hands-on questions in my GCIA exam. If any, how many hands-on was in your GMON exam?

Regards