CCSA R80 - passed!

J_86J_86 Member Posts: 262 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed the CCSA R80 exam this morning! I failed the first time by 10 points icon_redface.gif

I took the course from an authorized training center about 3 months ago that my employer paid for. I used the manual and the labs from that as most of my study material. If you have some Check Point experience, I believe you could use several of the admin guides to pass the exam. I have about 9 month, every day hands on Check Point experience for reference. Some of the CCSA course material is directly from some of the administrative guides.

This is a helpful resource for self study:
https://www.checkpoint.com/support-services/training-certification/self-study-resources/

This study guide is going to be your best friend. It covers almost ALL of the topics you might see on the exam:
https://www.checkpoint.com/downloads/professional-services/training/r80-system-administrator-study-guide.pdf

I also used CBT Nuggets R80 video course, which I did find very helpful when I didn't feel like reading. It also has hands on labs associated with the course.

Comments

• larkspurlarkspur Member Posts: 235
    that is awesome. congrats on the pass. I am seeing a growing need for Checkpoint certified professionals. This will increase your value for sure.
    just trying to keep it all in perspective!
  • SaltyHashesSaltyHashes Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Thank you for sharing resources that will be helpful. I used CBT Nuggets for CompTIA training and I am glad to hear that the courses are equally as good for Check Point.

I'm sorry it took two attempts to get this one, but you must feel relieved now that you've beaten it the second time!
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • nagarajanccnpnagarajanccnp Registered Users Posts: 1 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi All,Anybody have CBT Nuggets R80 video, please share..
  • jitendrakrjitendrakr Member Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.
    online UniNets is also a good platform to get study materials. You can try this.
  • neoryan08neoryan08 Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller