CISA test bank?

mikegmmikegm Member Posts: 12 ■■□□□□□□□□
edited July 2019 in CISA
Hi.

I'm interested in prep for this certification. After reading this site a lot, I found that the CRM and QAE is the way to go. However I have read in different forums about some "test or questions  bank" questions/test. 

Is that "test bank' same as QAE or is that something additional? I couldn't find that on Isaca web site. and if different, how do I get it?

Another question,  the QAE book is cheaper than the subscription, which one usually people prefer ?. I work in IT so I read a lot on the computer, and for questions and answers, having it online or digital in my ipad/laptop make it easier to read whenever and wherever I go.

Thanks 

Tagged:

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    QAE (Questions And Answers) is also referred to as the "test bank," "QAE database," and "questions database." This is true of the QAE for all ISACA certs.

A lot of reviews have said that the ISACA cert exam prep books are difficult to read (i.e., dry), not helpful, and the QAE database is a better way to go. One day when I go for CISM, I'll start with the QAE and a third-party cert guide
  • mikegmmikegm Member Posts: 12 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great, thanks for the info. 

Agree on the Isaca  CRM, I read the CISA Sybex manual is good, however I believe the last version out there is for the previous CISA exam. By any chance do you know if there is a new  edition? or if the current old edition is still good for current certification?

I just renewed my ISACA membership, do you know if I can access like a "demo" of the QAE before buying the subscription?

thanks 

If the Sybex CISA 4th edition does not cover the latest exam, I would contact Sybex and ask when the 5th edition is due out. 
    I contacted the authors of the Sybex book via LinkedIn. One said that they had not been contacted by Sybex to do a 5th edition. The other said that the CISA exam has not had a major revision since 2010 and that only a minor revision was done in 2018. So the 4th edition fo the Sybex CISA book is still suitable to use.
    Great news.
    I also contacted them through  their website but haven't receive any response yet. As it is not too expensive I will order it.

I read all the HD book during the weekend and I noticed I need to strengthen the Audit and  Governance section.  but the book doesn't go into the details. I'm thinking on ordering the sybex book or the CRM which everybody says is "dry". 

Update.

I just got a reply back from my inquiry , It says that 4th edition does not cover the updates recently published for the new certification, and there is not any revisions plan in place for it.

So, would it worth to get the Sybex to cover the areas I need to improve?.

Would be the CRM good to explain and help me strengthen these areas?

A little of back ground: I have been working in IT for more 12 years, from administration, to project management, architect,  always following good security configurations for my linux servers, web servers , etc. Strong knowledge of PCI as I'm responsible of it, SOX and SOX IT audits. I have been preparing for the Sec+ certification as well.

Thanks 
    It looks the Sybex 4th edition is still good. To quote one of the coauthors:
    "the exam didn’t change its just ISACA reshuffle of their volunteers extract from GAO Yellowbook and other Official Government sources. Those are all that matters. Last legal/regulator update was 2010 with 2018 minor revision."

Excellent, good to know.  thanks , I appreciate your help.

• lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited August 2019
    @mikegm
    I just purchased the CISA Q&A online database a few hrs ago. I was given a promo code by ISACA for 10% off. So with membership and the promo code, it came out to $269. The book is much cheaper but the online database is much more user friendly and tracks your progress.

Promo code: 2019Learning1

Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
    Thanks. that is wlucky0977 said:
    @mikegm
    I just purchased the CISA Q&A online database a few hrs ago. I was given a promo code by ISACA for 10% off. So with membership and the promo code, it came out to $269. The book is much cheaper but the online database is much more user friendly and tracks your progress.

Promo code: 2019Learning1

Thanks, that is what I did, I renewed by ISACA membership and got 10% off, which I used for the QAE.

I also got the book CRM to review specific items I don't know.

thanks
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    If you have experience that the certs call for, all you need is the online QAE DB to pass the exams. I used solely the QAE DBs to plow through the CISM, CISA and CRISC in like 40 days. 
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework